Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gaga fan comes home today


Yes, baby girl comes home today from her road trip
to Houston to see her idol, Lady gaga.
She and her guy pal, Henry left on Sunday and they
have had the trip of thier lifetime.
I am so proud of my baby girl.
Since becoming single again she has become the
girl I once remembered her to be.
When she first told me about her road trip,
she hesitated to tell me because she thought I would disapprove.
She is just good like that, even though she knew
I would not stop her from going,
it would have made her sad if she knew I didn't approve.
She was surprised when I cheered her on.
I want her to have these experiences,
this is what this baby girl was meant to do.
So they had a safe and uneventful trip to Houston on Sunday
and at about 10:30pm I get a text:
"THIS IS THE BEST FU##**ING ROAD TRIP EVER"
Excuse baby girl's french, she loves that F word...
I call her and she is so excited to tell me that she and Henry
decided that their first plans of sleeping in the gaga line
all night probably wasn't safe with all the homeless people they saw
so instead the found a hostel for 15 dollars a night and
had just arrived there for their nights sleep.
I am like, "Are you kidding, sleeping in a hostel is what
has you so excited?"
You see that is what I love about this baby girl,
new experiences are what she lives for and what has
been missing from her life.
The next morning at 5 am she and her guy pal are
already in line waiting and hoping to have Lady
bring them Pizza.
Baby girl read somewhere that if you wait in line a long, long time
Lady gaga comes in person and feeds you.
So she and Henry are sitting in line at 5 am...
At about 2pm I get another very excited call.
No, Lady did not bring her pizza but two people
traded their tickets for VIP tickets which means
unlike the rest of the crowd, they got to get in 2 hours before
everyone else. This child is beside herself and I can hear
the pride in her voice that she was brave and took on this
adventure with her new-found friend, Henry.
Another phone call at 4:30, they were in, had gotten all kinds
of free things and she was on top of the world.
Another nights sleep in the hostel and they are on their way home.
I love this child. She is all I ever wanted in a daughter.
To take risks and do road trips with no plans in sight
and to enjoy the simple fact that she can sleep in a hostel
makes me happy to no end.
Her bravery is so much more than mines was.
Yes, I was worried about her but had much confidence that
she would do fine and the fact that Henry was making the trip
with her gave me peace of mind.
Those two, I believe are each others alter-ego...
Welcome home soon, baby girl,
glad your trip was all and more than you imagined.
I miss you when you are not here.

2 comments:

  1. Great... you leave the street bc of the homeless then you stay at a $15/night Hostel with the "better off" homeless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes and it's an experience she will never forget, I do believe she is planning her next trip according to the better hostels haha

    ReplyDelete