Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

FRIENDSHIPS

Yesterday was a great day for me.
Not only because I had minimal pain but
because I branched out and spent the afternoon
with a dear friend of mine and her awesome children.
I may have overstayed my welcome,
got there at 2:00pm for coffee and left after 6:00pm!
I have been blessed with soooo many friends.
Some of my best friends are also relatives of mine.
Some are friends from elementary and high school
that I still consider best friends.
There are those that I meet as I live my life
and those whom I work with and adore.
My friend of yesterday was one of my work friends.
Spending time with her had me thinking,
what makes a good friend?
For me, a friend is someone who gives and takes
not one sided, but someone when you are having problems
or vice-versa listening ears are on and sometimes
that is all you need.
All my close friends are people I admire for some reason.
This particular friend is the best mother I have ever known.
She is one of the best teachers I ever met
and somehow she has learned to separate these two jobs
and do both of them 100%.
Her children are amazing, different from many of the times,
caring, hardworking and like their mother, think more
of others than themselves.
These children are unselfish and always have their mothers'
support.
I pick and choose my friends, really I do.
If a friendship becomes too much work for me
or becomes one-sided I have to let it go.
I guess you can call me selfish when it comes to that.
I have to get as much as I give in a friendship.
It is why I value this friendship so much.
Thanks, Mel, Merrielle, Matthew, and of course, Beth
for a most perfect afternoon.
Love to all you guys!!!!

1 comment: