Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Saturday night with my godchild

I have 5 godchildren and only one is a boy.
Ricky is also the only godchild who is not closely related to me.
His Mom asked me to be his godmother while she was pregnant.
Although I would have never said no, I worried
that because I was raising my own children whether
or not I would have enough time to be the Nannie he deserved.
I have already blogged about how serious I take
this Nannie job.
Through his life, I hope he always felt that he was important to me.
He now is in the Navy and was home for some R and R
for the 4th of JUly weekend.
I met him and his mom and other family and friends
at Leeville resturant for some good food and company.
He has matured so much over the last year.
However his fun-loving ways
and yes, how much he loves himself (hahhaa)
has not changed.
I so enjoyed my supper with him and was so
impressed and thankful that he treated my supper.
What a good man he has grown up to be.
He, as an adult as done such a better job of
staying in touch with me than I have.
I love you, Rick.
Keep up the good work!!!!
Rick asked me to bring him beef jerky from Bourgeois.
He couldn't wait to get his mouth on a piece.
Rick and his mom, Allie and her love/hubby, Brian
Doing the foo, which he is so good at...
Rick so loves his Nannie
No, I did not get a perm, there was no blowdryer at the camp,
went el naturelle this weekend.
The Richard Simmons look as baby girl calls it
Good luck, Rick and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment