Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

An Erma Bombeck quote

I am always on Pinterest, looking for quotes
and things that inspire me.
This morning it is this quote that captures me:
WHEN I STAND BEFORE GOD
AT THE END OF MY LIFE,
I WOULD HOPE THAT I WOULD NOT
HAVE A SINGLE BIT OF TALENT LEFT,
AND WOULD SAY,
"I USED EVERYTHING YOU GAVE ME"
-erma bombeck
These words are fantastically put,
fits my life style to the T.
Talent can be things you do, things you make,
people you love, how you reach out to others.
It has reminded me that although I am back to work
doing what I love to do, I still need to find a way
to get over the exhaustion and the pain that accompanies
the end of the day to do more than lie around
surfing the net, watching TV.
I need to craft, make stuff, write, read.
I know as I do more in a day my stamina will increase.
Yet I want to leave no talent unused.
Good Friday to all, mates!

1 comment:

  1. I READ JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ERMA BOMBECK WROTE SHE USED TO BE ON EVER TALK SHOW ON T V ALWAYS HAD THE FEELING SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT ME AND IT WAS FUNNY BUT TRUE, I 'M GLAD YOU MENTION HER I'LL READ HER BOOKS AGAIN LOL MONE

    ReplyDelete