Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

On my route to work...

On Monday I did not take my usual route to work.
I couldn't. Once I found out who our little angel who was killed
was, I had to find an alternate route.
You see, because I got used to seeing a cute little boy in
a wheelchair waiting for the bus with his Mom or his Daddy.
On Monday I knew what I would see. Yellow police tape
and cop cars. I did not want that in my memory.
Today though I decided to take my old route
and instead of the cutie on the porch waiting for the bus
this is what I saw.
A cop was parked across the street to monitor the traffic
and people stopping to pay their respects,
a porch full of balloons, stuffed animals, letters.
It was too much, I cried to work.
I then got busy at work and while looking for a parent
I happened to call a school and who answered the phone
but Gina B's sister, yes Kia!!!
We spoke of her sister and how much we both missed her,
how hard the beginning of a school year is for those of us
who loved Gina B. because she loved the new year so much.
She worked with the young handicapped children.
I share with Kia that it is funny I should speak to her today
because I have been thinking of this angel going to heaven,
One that Gina B. would have taught had he come to our school.
I have been thinking of how Gina B. would have been the first
in her whole working body to hug this baby in his
now whole working body.
Kia shared that she would have knocked God right out of his
own pearly gates to get to him.
It made me laugh, that image.
It makes me feel comforted to know that Gina B. is still
up there taking care of children, knowing these
are her favorites, those who were also trapped in
a body that was not fully functioning just as she was on Earth.
It is the only comfort I have gotten since this tragedy has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment