Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Where is Irene?

Have to start the post by saying my Mom
is in the hospital but doing fine.
Had a little bout of congestive heart failure
but they gave her fluid meds. IV and just like
the trooper she is, is all better now, just kept her
in for observation and should go home this morning.
Which brings me to the post of this morning.
It always makes me chuckle when someone calls the wrong
number but continues the call with questions.
Yesterday as we settled into mom's hospital room,
the phone rang. I thought this was odd because
the only people who knew she was admitted at that time of
the morning was family and they would have called on
my cell but I answered it anyway.
"Irene?"
I reply, "NO ma'am, you have the wrong room"
"Is this room 200?"
"Yes it is, but it is not Irene"
"May, you know Irene?"
again I reply, "NO ma'am I am here with my mother"
"Oh you her daughter?"
So much for HIPPA laws as I reply,
"No this is now my mother's room, Irene is not here"
"May, where you think she is, she was there last night"
So as not to seem rude to this elderly woman,
"I don't know, maybe call her family?"
"May I am her family, you think she went home,
where you think they put her?"
Okay this is now just becoming hysterical to me,
simple things crack me up especially because
the whole time I am having this conversation,
the 90 year old momma is saying,
"Who is that, am I in the wrong room?"
Because I love old people and do not want to be rude
I explain to her why I am answering the phone
and suggest she call Irene at home.
"Thank you, honey, that's what I am going to do"
Oh whoever you are little lady looking for Irene...
Thanks for making my Sunday a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Now, I thought this post was gonna be about a hurricane...

    ReplyDelete