Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ever had a dream?

Ron and I have always had this dream of living on the bayouside.
He and I look at everything on the bayou and these properties
don't come up very often.
There have also been times that we contemplated buying
property and building but never did it.
Just a few weeks before Christmas we seriously thought
about starting all over in this huge home just to live
on the bayou. However we finally realized that at
our age, it wasn't something we wanted to do.
Then Tuesday at work one of our teachers asks me
if we were still looking for a home on the bayou
because her daughter and her husband were getting ready
to sell but had not yet placed their home on the market.
I called right away and Ron told me to go see it
but not to get my hopes up high until he checks out the structure
and if the home needed work.
I fell in love right away.
This cute, young couple have taken this older home and
basically flipped it.
What I love the most is that they redid the whole home
without taking away from the homes original life.
They should be commended on the great job they did.
So I don't know yet who will be the new family to love
this home. It may be us or it may not be.
I have come to a time in my life that I know this
will have to be Ron's decision.
He is the one who works hard to provide for me.
My future is too unknown for me to be the
one to decide whether or not we should start over
again. Even though we can fully afford the home,
it would mean a small house note again after
not having one. It would mean headaches for him
paperwork, moving, etc.
So I will just share with you guys these pictures of
someones new home.
I pray that we make the right decision but I know
that no matter what, I will be happy in this wonderful
home I already live in that Ron has provided or
I will be happy in this home that is jam-packed with
our dreams.
Scrapbook room
part of the living room
back screened in patio overlooking the bayou.
Foyer view
Kitchen redone about 2 months ago.
I love the way they flipped this kitchen without loosing
the age of the home.
Dining room/party room
View of the kitchen from the breakfast nook.
Night time view of the deck on the bayou.
The reason why we are considering this:
Look at this view of our own bayou Lafourche!!!
Front of the home overlooking highway 308.
Some family will love sitting on this porch and watching
the traffic. Or a tree swing in the front tree.
Can't wait for Ron to get home to see it in person
so we can make a decision.
Being undecided drives me crazy!
Happy cold Saturday, stay warm!

6 comments:

  1. ----- What a beautiful home. I would also enjoy living on a bayou somewhere, but that will never happen for us. We, I'm, too old to start over again. My next move will be in a retirement village somewhere or a nursing home. But I really like this house.

    ----- The roof of the front of the house remindes me of Celena's house before they redid it. Remember how it had the peeks sticking out the roof?

    ----- Good luck with ya'lls decision.

    ----- Later,
    --- LUV-U-BOAT,
    ------ Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, love the house. I can see you'll just sitting on the back porch and just watching anything and everything go by.

    Good Luck!

    l u
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were the seller. I'd sell it to you quick. Then I'd make chase move everything. That boys got to earn his place with in law club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the house, and I know it has been both of your dreams to live on the bayou side. I bet Roddie and Katie would visit quite often, because Rod to love the bayou. My prayers for you all to make the right decision is in process.
    I agree with Mikie -- you all buy the house and make Jesi and Chase move everything for you guys! LOL LOL! God will help you all make the right decision, but I think the house is perfect for you'll to grow old together!
    LOVE YOU!
    Tie

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay maybe we could get Chase to do it but anyone who know Jesi should know that there ain't no making that child do nothing she don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE THE ABODE; Y'ALL GO FOR IT!!! THE BACK PORCH NEXT TO THE BAYOU REMINDS ME OF HOW I FEEL ON THE WHARF AT OUR CAMP. SO QUIET, PEACEFUL AND RELAXING.

    ReplyDelete