Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

My love for children

Often I am asked sometimes by my own family:
"How can you do all that stuff with kids?"
Some ask me why I do it.
For some it is hard to understand.
For me it is just because I completely love kids.
I cannot pass a child without touching their head
or hugging and kissing them if I know them.
Heck one day I was eating out with baby boy, baby girl,
and Kd and a child passed and I completely lost my
train of thought to stop and talk to that child.
A child I did not even know.
There is something about being around a child
and seeing the world through their eyes that I find
so amazing.
I have this gift of being able to relate to all children
no matter what their ages, of speaking to them
in a language that they can understand.
This is most definitely a gift and one I get to use
daily in my job. I can go from holding a sick 4 year old
until their parent gets there to giving tough-love
to an 11 year old who is bullying.
I do believe I have had many life experiences so that
I can share these experiences with children so
they can feel like I get them and I do share
personal stories with them.
As for my great nieces and nephews
my heart swells when I just think of them.
It doesn't matter if it is those that I see and spend
time with often or those that I talk of but don't
get to see that much. My heart swells just the same.
I see potential in each child, even those who seem
simply lost to the world.
There are those days like on Thursday when
my job finds me burned out with the fact that
5th grade girls would prefer talking to me about
periods and lice rather than speak to their own Mom's.
Telling me that their Mom's don't believe them, that
their Mom's aren't around for them to ask those
important questions. Yes, I am glad I am there to
help children yet I feel with my heart for those
who do not have a good relationship with their parents.
There is not a day that goes by that I don't smile
or laugh by something a child does, whether it be my family
or my school family yet there are also many days
that I am sorry for children.
Do not know if I would want the responsibility
of raising children in this world of today.
I see the future in all children.
So whenever I call and ask for your child,
don't thank me. You see I do it for my own
selfish reasons, I love spending time with children.
Being able to send them home when I am done
is an added bonus :^)

9 comments:

  1. I can remember 1st hand of the love and friendship of my Aunt Lil. She has been a great role model to so many, especially me. I know exactly what you mean about the love for children. I have only been working with these 2 great handicap children for just a couple of weeks, and my heart and soul is with them always. Thanks Aunt Lil for being that great role model to me, my children, my neices and nephews, and all those children at Thibodaux Elementary.
    I love you!
    Tie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can have mine any time you want .... by all means knock yourself out!! get your fix with 4 plaisance kids ... WE DELIVER!! YOu can relate with them until you heart is content ..... get down on their level if you want .... NOW THAT'S MY IDEA OF SCRAPALICIOUS FUN! "he hit me -- no I didn't -- yes you did -- no I didn't -- yes he did cause I saw him -- no I didn't you boob! -- she took it from me -- no I didn't -- yes you did -- no I didn't" Liar -- no you are -- Liar liar pants on fire -- HE'S TEASING!!!!

    Fun fun fun ... makes you just want to kneel down and start "relating" to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >> No comment on this, Mikie just wants to get rid of his children!

    >> I have a new post yo might be interested in. Go see.

    >> GEAUXXXXXXXXX SAINTS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I see this as the outsider that I am (no disrespect to you). Lil, you do have a very unique love for kids and anyone can see that. You have a way of making each and every child that you come in contact with feel special. That is truly a gift and it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DON'T FORGET MIKIE, WHAT ABOUT "HE'S TOUCHING ME!" NO I'M NOT. THEN "SHE'S TOUCHING ME!" AND ON AND ON AND ON. HOPE LITTLE OWEN FEELS BETTER TOMORROW

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY PETE, HE'S NOT TRYING TO GET RID OF HIS KIDS HE JUST WANTS TO SPREAD THE LOVE FOR AS LONG AS HE CAN! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ronald comes home... hanky panky lovey dovey stuff in New Orleans and the blog world suffers.... GO FIGURE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. actually Mikie, Ronald went to work that is why we hanky pankied in new orleans, had to make him remember why he comes home after two weeks away :^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know firsthand how great you are with children because my child gets a "fot" and she wants to go see Nurse Lilly!! I am truly blessed to have someone in my Daughter's life that is there for her when I can't be. I know that what you tell her about her toenails, she believes. When I tell her, she says it's my fault. Go figure. Again, I can't thank you enough for all that you have done for Alexis since Kindergarten. You are the best! For all those so-called "parents" who can't talk to their children or have their children talk to them, THEY are the ones missing out. Children are our gift from God. Some people can't have children. After 11 years, I still thank God daily for my blessing he gave to me.♥

    ReplyDelete