Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yoga is the bomb!!

On my way to paving my new road
I began last night going back to yoga.
I can't believe I actually stopped this last year
and made excuses for not going even after
Lisa, my instructor called and sent me cards begging
me to come back.
So now I am back and it took me no time to get back
into the swing of things,
What makes it even more sweet is my
lifetime friend, Tanial has decided to come along
with me each Tuesday night.
Gone are the excuses as to why I can't take the time
to do this. There are healing powers in
the breath and yoga and if eating is needed for life
then concentration on the breath and meditating
should be also I think. For me, it will be part
of my road paving, when I am totally well
and I sing my praises to the world on just
what I did to get better, Yoga will have it's own
whole chapter. Lisa will be mentioned,
this woman is a Yoga guru but reminds us all
of how laughing and having fun are just as important
in a daily life as work and water.
She is just the type of person who should be teaching Yoga
she lives it daily. She makes it personal and serves
tea and honey after with a talk session if you want to stay.
It makes me want to use one of my teapots
and do more meditating.
While I was in my relaxing session, my favorite part,
when you lie on your mat, with your eyes closed
as Lisa comes around placing a lavender scented
wheat bag over your eyes, whispering "SutNam"
in your ear I though of my sis, C who is
having her own medical issues right now.
I thought of how awesome it would be for her
if she could join Tanial and I on a Tuesday.
I thought of knowing C she would soon be training
then teaching this yoga to others down the bayou.
She would be excellent at this.
You see, because when my sister C joins in on something
like this, she goes in with all toes and soon
is leading the groups.
So to all who are reading this, look more into Yoga
learn about it and if anyone ever wants to trek to
Thibodaux on any given Tuesday night, call me.
Lisa would love to meet you.
For ten dollars a class, it is the cheapest medication
I have found so far.
Sut Nam!

7 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention this topic on this day. In fact, I tried to call Rebecca last night and will attempt again today.

    On Friday coming, the 15th, my sister, Simone and I will be hosting the Lunch and Learn at the Learning Center behind the hospital. She will be demonstrating chair exercies while I will be demonstrating versions of Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates. We are both very excited about the project and hope to do more of it.

    Although I can't commit to another day in Thibodaux each week, I would absolutely love to be your and Tanial's guest, meet Lisa and experience one of her sessions.

    On Sunday, Ted put his foot down and told me what I needed to do was get back in my gym. It truly was a beautiful day and exercising does, in deed, make me feel better, especially my stretching to the different orders of Yoga.

    Lil, is right, I can spend hours and hours learning new things and then going out there to share with others. If I don't have a purpose or if it's something that I do just for myself, it just isn't meaningful for me and I give up.

    Thanks for the "mind connection" and I do hope to meet Lisa soon.

    Have a "stretchy" day!!
    Love,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put Owen on my back and I run around the neighborhood . I call it Yoda. As soon as I can open the fridge with my eyes closed and my palm up from the living room and float a beer to me in my chair, my training will be complete .... hopefully I don't have to leave to fight my father and save my friends before its all done ... I tried lifting a car out of the bayou across from my house ... I put both hands in the air and closed my eyes and it didn't budge ... I think I squinted too much. Anyway, you are all correct.. the training must continue ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ----- Ya'll are all right. I loved Yoda in Star Wars!!! And I to do a lot of meditation. I am always thinking on ways to get out of going to work and getting paid to stay home. I sometimes meditate on this that I burn out my brain to a point that I can't go in to work.

    ----- Later,
    --- LUV-U-A,
    ------ Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT A FAMILY!!!! SHEESH, YOU GUYS, I SWEAR!!!

    IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE, AN EXPERIENCED SOMEONE, GO THROUGH A YOGA ORDER ROUTINE, THEN YOU ARE MISSING A VERY BEAUTIFUL SIGHT.

    IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE, AN UNEXPERIENCED SOMEONE, ATTEMPT TO GO THROUGH A YOGA ORDER ROUTINE, THEN YOU'RE A MISSING A HECK OF A GOOD TIME.

    TRY STANDING ON THE BALLS OF YOUR FEET IN A PLIE' POSITION, LIFTING YOUR HEELS AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE AND HOLD THE POSITION FOR 1 MINUTE, (MIKIE, LUCY CAN SHOW YOU THIS)YOU WOULD REALIZE HOW DIFFICULT THESE ORDERS CAN BE.

    CAN YOU TELL THAT THIS IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT FOR ME, KIND OF LIKE SAYING NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON...DON'T DO IT!!!!

    HAVE A YODA OF A NIGHT FELLERS!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll levitate a car out of the bayou before from the BALLS of my feet i put my foot above my ear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ----- I never levitated a car OUT of the bayou, but I put a few IN there. Does that count as a Yoda exercise ??

    ----- Later,
    --- LUV-U-A,
    ----- Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry nonc, I believe it's called drivers' ed these days .... ain't got nothing to do with THE FORCE.

    ReplyDelete