Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sorry Mikie

Nonk Jay with his three little sister in laws
Audobon Zoo, have always loved this picture...
Ange' and NeeNee being good sisters...
Jesi's first lost tooth and a new hairdo...
Hugh John and Ellie Pie on the streets of downtown Thibodaux
Ronnie teaching his favorite daughter in law the mechanics of a gun...
Ron and Baby boy on the morning of Jesi's high school graduation.
They are standing on her bed while she is trying to sleep,
Rod is wearing her prom dress, Ron her graduation gown.
Gotta love these boys...
My Abby at little Abby's birthday party...
KD on one of our family excursions, you know the ones
that always play out better in my head than in real life.
This was at an antique shop we dragged the boys to...
Taken by my friend, Teela who took Jesi's graduation pictures...
Jesi and Kira messing around at Peltier Park...
Aunt LeeLee...
Cutie-patootie C...
One of Dad's awesome photographs.
Mom thinks it was because of the new car.
Love this picture...
Roddie was always so smart, reading at 13 months...


Mikie and I had a long talk last night.
He put in a request for an entertaining, funny blog
this morning. Enough of gloom and doom
he said he needed something happy today.
Yet after receiving more devastating news
yesterday about a dear friend of mine,
well I just have nothing entertaining today.
Sorry Mikie, so this one is open to you guys.
Come on share with me a funny or entertaining
uplifting story you have.
Make Aunt Lil smile today...
However I will leave you with these pictures
in hopes that at least one sparks an old memory,
a smile to your face,
Smiles and laughter are the cure for lots!

4 comments:

  1. I can tell you a funny story about Jesi and her lost tooth. I am not sure if it was her first tooth or maybe one of her other teeth. She was at our house, AKA Aunt Ronnie and Nonk J, and lost a tooth. She had come to sleep, and the TOOTH FAIRY came leaving her 5 dollars. She was so excited that when she went home, she told her mom that from now on she wants to go to Aunt Ronnie and Nonk J's house when she looses a tooth. Aunt Lil asked her why? Jesi said because the tooth fairy at home only leaves me a quarter or a dollar, but the one at Aunt Ronnie's house leaves me 5 dollars!!!!

    PS Aunt Lil, Hope this made you smile!! I love the picture of my girls, wish they were like that more often!!!

    Love you!
    Tie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a blast from the past .... remember when Tie couldn't get into CJ and Ronnie's room at the hotel in Monroe bc she was knocking on the wrong door .... then when she found the right door CJ was snoring and Veronica had on ear plugs so they couldn't hear anything so Rudy put his key into the door and broke the key in the door then ran into his room leaving Tie standing at the door alone when CJ opened it up and he started fussing her for breaking the key ..... or what about the time we ran out of fire works on New Year's Eve so Ron climbed on his roof and shot a few shots with the old mossberg 12 gauge pump .... or the time I called Minta from CJ's house and imitated a delivery guy trying to bring her some Chinese food and she came running across the street crying ..... or all the great movies Tie would bring home for us to watch on the weekends when we chose not to go out (ALL SUCH QUALITY ACADAMY AWARD WINNERS!!!) And if you didn't like it and brought your own, she'd tell you the ending ("uhhhhh Mikie, the dog dies in the end" -- so much for Turner and Hooch) or what about all the big money games of in between when we'd start out with nickles and dimes but the pot would soon get up to 8 and 9 bucks of coins then after Tie would win, she and Ron would cut the cards for the winnings .... and last but not least, no one ever mentions my undefeated holiday scrabble game streak! Yes world, yours truly is the family scrabble champ!
    Uplifted enough or should I continue?? I didn't even get to Be-da and I could go on for days on Tie ............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Mikie!!! What about the day when I was in a hurry to get to work at the Nursing Home and I backed up into the Mustang!!! I am glad that I can laugh about it now, but I know you will never forgive me.

    What about the Acadamy Award winning movie: HAIRSPRAY!!! Who would have ever thought that it would be a one of the best preformances on Broadway of the 21st Centery!!

    I could go on for days about stories of Mikie... but I will save them for another day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were going on a date with Wendell... not to work ... and believe it or not I love the new version of Hairspray...

    ReplyDelete