Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

OH WHEN THE SAINTS...

History has been made and all of us
may not have slept much last night.
The newscaster, Rob I do believe is still
drunk this morning and screaming
"SHUTTER DOWN"
Saying that the state of Louisiana must
shut down on Superbowl Sunday.
Yes our Saints are going to Superbowl!
We were at Roddie and Kd last evening for
the game and I do believe I lost it when
I stood up on their brand new couch
and was screaming and jumping up and down
and the only thing that made that okay was
the fact that Kd was also.
I could say that maybe we were outplayed
and that Maybe Brett Favre deserved to win
the game but this morning I believe
that what this was was an awesome play-off game
where two deserving teams played their hearts out.
It is what a Championship game should be.
Yes, most of us would have been happier with
knowing much earlier that we had won the game
much sooner with a blow-out but now that
I know the end result, it was the most entertaining
game I have been involved in.
What an awesome way to end the game with this
young kicker to be the hero.
Listening to him speak of yesterday did make
me want to cry.
He spoke of not being able to sleep the night before
and found himself up at 2:15 am calling his Daddy.
He told his Daddy he felt as though he would find
himself in this position and he would win the game.
He said the first thing he did was call his Daddy.
Now you know this touches ol' Aunt Lil's heart.
Thanks Roddie and Kd for having us over
and thanks for the wonderful company of your parents
and Frankie and Crystal.
Each time I think of this historical event being made
it will be with memories of you guys!

3 comments:

  1. ----- Now is the time for everyone to think about one very important thing, WHO DAT!!!!

    ----- That was for sure the best game I saw all season. I now have no more finger nails and about half the hair I had beore, Which is not much anyway.

    ----- After the winning field goal I felt a hugh relief, like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders to a point to where I really don't care who wins the Superbowl. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice for the Saints to win but even if they don't I'm more then satisfied with the outcome of this season. I just wanted them to make it to the Superbowl and they did.

    ----- Well who won our pool. Who had the closest score prediction ? Come on let me know. I d
    know it wasn't me because I predicted Saints 30 and Vikings 17. Boy I was way off.

    ----- Later,
    --- LUV-U-A,
    ----- Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO YOU WEREN'T THAT OFF BUT I DO BELIEVE CJ WON. HE TOLD ME 30/21. NOT SO BAD!!

    ANYWAY, SURE WAS A GOOD GAME! I'M LIKE PETER, DON'T CARE IF THEY WIN THE SUPER BOWL OR NOT AS LONG AS WE CAN SAY "WE ARE HAVING A BLACK AND GOLD SUPER BOWL!" GOOD LUCK TO OUR SAINTS! THEY MADE US PROUD THIS SEASON!

    L Y'LL
    RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok let me try to put my two cents in this saints game I had to call my heart doctor for three more stints. oh man this is funny I hope you get this love big sister mone

    ReplyDelete