Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

"STATE TO CLOSE 31 HOMES FOR THE DISABLED"

Not what I needed to read this morning
on Daily Comet online was
"STATE TO CLOSE 31 HOMES FOR THE DISABLED"
Of all the money we spend on other things
this is where our government will cut.
I am livid because many of these are here in Thibodaux.
Just in case you don't know, these group homes
are where adult handicapped people
get to live amongst others like them.
They have medical professionals always there
to fulfill all their needs and teach them to be
independent so they can take care of themselves.
These group homes relieve brothers and sisters,
older parents from the life-time worry of where
will their loved family member go after they are gone.
Relieves the burden from older parents that their
handicapped grown children will be okay.
Most of these individuals have jobs in the public
and I see them at Walmart, etc. with their caregivers
often. For some families these closures mean
either placing their loved ones in a nursing home
to live the rest of their lives, taking them to their own home
where they are sometimes too old to be the caretaker
or pay out the wazoo for private group homes
that most of these families cannot afford.
In the article one sister speaks of her brother who
has downs' syndrome who has lived in these group homes
for 40 years and she in now unable to find another facility
for him. Can you imagine that?
Having to take your 60 something handicapped brother
to live in your home after he has been on his own
for 40 years?
I am livid about this.
It even makes me more angry when banks were given
billions of dollars to boost the economy only
to admit now they made mistakes and may not
be able to pay it back yet they are all going
to get their bonuses. I know this is not our state
individually and that is a United States issue
versus a state issue but it still doesn't make sense.
Of course I am a Saints fan and I also know that
this football thing brings in more money to our
state than any other agency but
in my mind there is just something wrong
with all the money we spend in this state
on non-necessities only to take away from
those individuals who quietly just live their lives
in homes with people like them so they
can be independent.


6 comments:

  1. there's always a couple of roads to take ... one road is for "moi" to continue in my devilish ways and provide commentary that would light you up ... or i can take the road of a bffob and say "good point Lil"............








    good point lil

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUT IT IS TEMPTING!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ----- I think this is a crying shame in this country with all our money. As always the problem lies within our government. It's funny how we can spend not millions but billions of dollars on forign aid but we cannot find enough money to support our elderly or our veterians decently. WE pay taxes and can have no say so on how OUR money is spent. Taxes that are collected does not belong to our government it's OUR MONEY not theirs. Yet again we have no say so on how OUR MONEY is spent.

    ----- Sorry I have to stop writting about this because I'm getting very upset. But I like many other people in this country I could go on and on about our government. What to do about it is a very long story that I would have to write several pages on the subject. Maybe I'll blog on it later.

    ----- Later,
    --- LUV-U-A,
    ------ Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's all boycott taxes...F.I.!! WE AIN'T PAYING NO MORE TAXES!!!! They can't put everyone in jail...can they???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give it a shot C ... we'll follow your lead if we like the direction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. here I go again.Trying to communate with you guys. what is wrong why can I not get my message to you if you get this call me on this new thing called a phone

    ReplyDelete