Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fear of the unknown


We all have experienced the fear of the unknown.
It can drive you crazy until you get the news.
Whether it be good news or bad news,
it can be handled once you know the truth.
Our family has always been one that can
handle even more than the ordinary,
as soon as we know what we are facing.
Funny, when I hear of others having breast cancer
I may cry out of empathy for them
yet when our own sister was diagnosed with
her second bout of breast cancer I don't know
if I shed one tear.
Why? Because it is the way our family rolls.
We can handle anything once we know what we
have to do.
I hope Celena is not offended by the fact that
I must speak of her this morning. To speak of
her personal life I'm not sure I should do but
to speak of nothing, to not ask for prayers on her
behalf would just not be me.
I won't go into big detail right now in hopes that
maybe C will share with us once she is ready, once she
knows just what she is facing.
The fact is we really don't know what she is facing yet.
I will just say this,
she hasn't been feeling well lately and she has
had some tests that have turned out not so good.
She and her little family as well as her extended family
are caught right now in the
FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN
part of this medical thing.
She will be seeing a surgeon tomorrow and a probable
second opinion on Friday at Ocshner's
She will definitely need surgery to remove
her gallbladder but there is some suspicion
that this will be a little more complicated than
removing her gallbladder. There is a suspicious
lump there.
So please pray for our sister as she faces whatever
is in her future here.
Prayers can do wonders, it unblocked my colon.
Hopefully we will have good news soon
and I also hope that C will keep us all posted
on this blog.
Please be kind and give them time to absorb
all this information when she gets it.
I promise we will keep all of you posted.


6 comments:

  1. Hot damn ... just when I thought my plan b would go to waste ... that's what I love about this family, there's always an opportunity to diagnose and treat ... and don't worry .... MUM'S THE WORD .... I won't say a word nor tell a soul .. I can keep in on the low ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey C. Just wanted you to know that my thoughts, prayers and heart are with you. Please let me know how things work out and also, if there is anyting you EVER need or if there is anthing I can do to help in any way.
    LOVE YOU LOTS MY SIS,
    ROISE

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, OK, AS I TOLD "SNOT NOSE C" THIS MORNING, I SPOKE TO GOD LAST NIGHT AND HE TOLD ME THAT SHE WOULD BE OK AND I BELIEVE HIM!

    BUT JUST IN CASE, C, YOU KNOW YOUR FAMILY CAN HANDLE ANYTHING THAT COMES UP. IF YOU NEED US WE'LL THERE, IF YOU DON'T NEED US, WE ARE HER TO LISTEN. EITHER WAY, ALL WILL GO WELL!!

    LOVE TO YOU, TED, ARTHUR, AND KRIS

    GUYS, CALL US IF YOU NEED ANYTHING!

    LOVE YOU'LL

    NENA, NANNIE, AUNT RONNIE, RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent an email to my siblings and want to thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and Mikie for his humor (ya gotta love him!!!). I am feeling so much better today about having a definite plan. Yesterday was just crazy filled with confusion (Not that I'm not used to be confused...ddduuuuhhh)and running emotions. Having to give the news to Ted and the boys was a little difficult and we all feel that everything is going to be fine. While Arthur was worried about me and having to go offshore to work, Kris wondered if he had anything in the mail!!! How I love them so much for being their special selves.

    I am so positive and confident that this is going to be a simple surgery and Ted and I will still be able to take our past due, well deserved honeymoon on February 1 to the beautiful city of Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

    Tomorrow is the appointment with the first surgeon and I will let you all know how it goes.
    Until then.....LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!!

    ((((muah))))
    Snot Nose C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Granny .... you sure that wasn't CJ you were talking to?? It wouldn't be the first time he was mistaken for our Lord Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO, ANON, IT WASN'T CJ. I KNOW IT WAS GOD HIMSELF BECAUSE CJ WAS HIDING IN ARE ARMOUR!!! HE GOT SCARED WHEN THIS VOICE CAME TO ME AND TOLD ME THAT "SNOT NOSE C" WAS GOING TO BE OK!!

    GOTTA LOVE THAT ANON!

    ReplyDelete