Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

A SETBACK

Just when I thought my road paving was going
so well, a snag in the road.
You know, just like those contractors who try
and dig a new road only to find out they are
on some Indian burial ground.
So I have been feeling better than ever,
exercising, yoga, eating healthy
good outlook, then this.
Long story short, began having
terrible stomach pains since Wednesday evening
which has not stopped.
Saw Dr. Guidry yesterday who did xrays and bloodwork
only to find out that I have a partial bowel obstruction.
Not something you want.
I have been told this was something I would face
some time in my future.
I am a nurse, I know what this means, it usually
requires hospitalization and a surgery consult.
I beg him to let me go home and wait this out
he did say sometimes it can undo itself
after a few days of only liquids and rest
but sometimes it can become completely obstructed
and require surgery to avoid rupture of the bowel.
It is believed for me this
problem is caused by much scar tissue surrounding the bowel
that narrows not allowing stool and stomach stuff to pass through.
As my lovely sister, Veronica said last night,
"We finally can prove what we have always known,
You are full of s..." Well you get the picture.
Dr. Guidry made me promise that if this morning
did not bring me total resolving of pain that I would
call him to be admitted into the hospital.
Well after sleepless night x 2, looks like
I will be going into the hospital in hopes
of getting this thing unblocked without having to have
surgery. I have to get better quick, you know
there is a dream home out there awaiting my
hubby's approval.

7 comments:

  1. I am so upset you didn't consult me first ...... if there's one thing I can do is clean someone out ...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, Mikie, you would love to get your hands on me wouldn;t you!!!
    Well I am settled in my room, Iv going can finally stretch out my legs thanks to pain medication!
    Drinking my contrast to have my Ct done at 1 o clock surgeon will come after that.
    Rod wanted to know how it felt, I'll say this.
    Ever made sausage?
    Well it feels like trying to shove meat into sausage casing when there is a kink in the casing...
    Or maybe like labor pains that come and go every 10 minutes or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or being around Ronnie the first couple of days he's home!!!! Am I right, or am I right?? lol lol

    l u
    Ronnie #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo ct scan shows bowel is opening up!!!!!
    The prayers must be working!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you b/c I was going to be your self proclaimed PLAN B!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a scary thought, Anon...I dare not even ask about your "Plan B", however I can imagine....OUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it begins with something "senna" based and includes mild sedatives and soapy water...... a long tube with a little balloon on the end, some sort of plastic bag and a coat hanger..... a few good towels and a book to read.

    ReplyDelete