Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Home sweet home


I have had so many ideas for blogging while I was
blocked from my blog while at Hotel Thibodaux Regional.
Today I have to write though that I am home
and to thank all who made the hospital stay
more bearable. I found out just how patient I am
when it comes to waiting. I guess it comes from spending
the majority of my childhood in hospitals and doctors offices.
It wasn't so bad being there even though I wanted to be
home so bad. What kept me grateful was all the visits
I had from family, wonderful friends, and kids, kids, kids!
It again made me realize what a lucky person I am that
people took time out of their days and nights to be with me
or to send me well wishes or to pray for me.
Thankfully yesterday Dr. Ray was able to take me to surgery
and hopefully fixed the problem that he believes causes me
to have these weird, strange infections
and I have all confidence in the fact that he is the
best urologist out there.
He is not only my doctor, he is my friend and so caring
for me.
As usual, sista Veronica was there, baby girl, and Lil Minta,
thanks guys!
So today I am home and it is lovely.
I am so proud of how my baby girl is growing up to be
someone who I can count on without asking.
When I came home my whole house was cleaned and
she even washed my sheets because she knows
how happy I am when I jump in a bed with freshly washed sheets.
She knows how much I love Downy and all night when I
would wake up I would get a whiff of that scent of love
and I was thankful for my baby girl.
She has to know just how special what she did was.
I couldn't stop praising her enough.
She and I, we had that meltdown a few months ago
and it killed both of us but we both learned a lot
about ourselves and each other through that problem.
We both learned just how special each of us is to the other.
She did so much for me during the 6 days of hospitalization not
to mention how she cared for Mumsie by washing her clothes,
checking on her twice a day and even rode in the ambulance
with Mumsie on Sunday when Mumsie was sick.
Someone told me not long ago that maybe I don't praise baby girl
often enough and I reminded that friend, that in our
home you aren't praised for doing the things that are expected to
be done, the normal things that we are all expected to do to be
a responsible citizen. We praise for the things you do above and beyond
what is expected and my baby girl deserves it this time.
She has stepped up to the plate to take over all aspects of
my responsibilities without having to be asked and
she not only did it but did it to the best of her ability
with a smile on her face.
She laid with me in my hospital bed when I needed it the most
and she washed my sheets with so much Downy
because she knows how much I would love that.
Sorry folks to disappoint you when I say I
have the best daughter in the world.
Don't be jealous, I ain't trading.
Thank you baby girl, for all of it.
You are the bomb!

3 comments:

  1. Wow... all it takes is a little Downy? Fabric softener for Auntie Lil for Christmas. Easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. little bit more than Downy then you have to wash my linens make my bed back clean the whole house and lay in bed with me when you could be doing a million other things that 20 something year old girls do....

    ReplyDelete