Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

At a blogging crossroads...

I have thought often over the last few months
whether I want to continue the blog or not.
I am a journaler, a writer, a sharer of life
but I never wanted the blog to become one of
repetition and lately I find myself having trouble
with topics that have not already been covered,
things I have not already said.
I often wonder if the blog has become boring
or sometimes too personal.
Every time I think it is time to hang it up,
someone will say to me how much they enjoy it.
At Mumsie's party one of my cousins said
the first thing she does before even going to the bathroom
in the morning is to read "the blog".
Friends at my school have said that some days
my topic is exactly what they needed to hear
or it becomes a topic of discussion at TES for the day.
Others have told me they could never do it, too personal
but they enjoy reading it, just couldn't do it.
So I have decided I am going to give myself a few days off.
I am going to journal more and make a decision as to where
I am going with this blog.
I have decided it will continue.
I am just not sure what direction it will take.
My life is changing therefore the blog will also have to change.
However the name will never change...
lilbitofmyworld will always be just that
A little bit of my world.
The way I see the world, right or wrong,
it is how I see it.
My views of the world may not be the same as others
the way I feel about some things may be different than most
yet it is one of the wonderful things about having
your own blog. You have free reign to make it
what you want. Others have the privilege of
reading it if they choose or opting out.
I will continue to take others personal lives into
consideration and ask for blogging permission if I
feel the topic is too personal about someone else.
However, when
speaking of my views, those will still be my views.
It will remain honest, heart-felt without meaning to cause
harm to others. When it becomes that it will
close, when it becomes the same stories, no inspiration
often enough, it will be over.
Then lilbitofmyworld will live in my own heart and mind,
in my private journals left to my children, my HOBL, to share or not
share after I am gone as they see fit.
Taking a few days off, big days ahead where decisions
for my future, my career, my life will be taking place.
Much love to all as I take a break to make the
blog better than ever.


10 comments:

  1. Here's my 2 cents .... keep it up on your terms ... when you feel like it ... keep it spontaneous and don't force it .... Wow, something serious from me??? OMG times are changing

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no no please don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not leaving just taking a break.... like anonymous said... don't want it to be forced... give me a few days... hope to see more of your seriousness, bfob... Bon and Linz, i will be back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always serious... I just pack it up in a little humor to make it more palatable. Now onto reading someone else's blog until you return ... gosh, I hope it isn't better then I may not come back ;o. Although we all know the truth ... HOBL isn't going back to work just yet and that brace you wear is all part of some games you're playing in the house when no one is around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah actually hobl is back at work and the ninja turtle brace remains;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wing it.....i love to read your blogs, and after all it is your blog. I for one understand the monotony of having to journal everyday about your experiences and hitting a road block. Not forcing it is a grand idea and although some things get personal, it is about you. You disclose what you feel people need to know in order to understand each situation. Start off with doing it as you please, then maybe you can do a weekly blog where you can recap with the top 7 of the week lol...just a thought....well I am looking forward to catching up with you soon Aunt Lil....have a good week :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say if for some reason Kaylee and Kris part ways (heaven forbid) WE KEEP KAYLEE ! Not that I don't love Kris, I'm just saying .....

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think we could figure a way to keep both just keep them apart...

    ReplyDelete
  9. blogging is so personal - do your thing sweetie - and you will be happy!

    ReplyDelete