Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

... and lent begins


I WOULD RATHER LIVE MY LIFE AS IF
THERE IS A GOD AND DIE TO FIND OUT THERE ISN'T,
THAN TO LIVE MY LIFE AS IF THERE ISN'T
AND DIE TO FIND OUT THAT THERE IS.
albert camus
Yesterday I received my ritual ashes to my forehead
to begin the lenten season.
I love the season of lent.
I do not believe that because I had ashes placed
to my forehead that I am a better christian than most.
I do not believe even that you have to attend any mass
or organized religion to find yourself in heaven.
I do believe that The Big Man cares more about how
you live your life rather than whether you worship him or not.
I do believe that I love my Catholic faith however.
I adore the history of the mass, how it has stayed
basically the same over hundreds of years.
I do not believe in all the Catholic faith does or says
or even what they say we have to do to be right with God.
I just love belonging to this faith.
I love lenten season because for me it is a new beginning.
The sun shines during lenten season, flowers grow,
the days become long and I pray more.
I love the Way of the Cross and the idea of attending
church every Friday morning to recite this habit of
the Catholic faith.
I am more apt to keep my lenten promises than I am
to keep a New years resolution.
Why I don't know except that I usually dedicate
that promise to someone I love who is suffering at the moment.
So chocolate is out as is sweets and junk foods.
HOBL and I are spring cleaning the abode
... does it count if the grandparents are nesting
or does it have to be the Mommy to have a baby....

No comments:

Post a Comment