Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

You cannot fail...

YOU CANNOT FAIL IF YOU HAVE DONE
YOUR BEST, ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT
DONE WHAT YOU ARE BORN TO DO.
Love this statement, especially at this time
in my life.
The older I get, the easier it is for me to decipher
what exactly I was born to do.
It has changed over the years as it should.
For me, I could never wear just one hat.
Glad I haven't since I find myself now
having to renegotiate what my future is.
Contentment abounds me.
I will be well, I will do my best,
I will accept whatever the Big Man has in store for me.
I will always find a way to give back to a world that
has been so good to me.
After 30 years of nursing, If I am to put it aside,
I will be well because my time there would be done.
All is good on the home front.
Loving life even when it is not the one I saw for me
at 47 because the fact is you can be happy no matter what.
Read an article last night about an elderly 91 year old lady
who spoke about being a burden to her daughter now
that she is bedridden. Yet she speaks that still at that age
"Living into your 90's is not all it's cracked up to be.
there are down days, when I am lonely and bored.
But there are more good days than bad, days when I look
out my bedroom windows and see blue skies
smiling at me. And I can smile back, thinking,
Just give me another season..."
She goes on to talk about how miraculous it is
at 91 to still believe that life is good and you can start anew.
I want to be that woman.
The woman who never sees life as a miserable thing
but can always find goodness and newness in every day.
Even if the day is not so good some days,
I can find goodness in every day.
Right now, many times a day
even though the last few have not been the best
I find myself reflecting and thanking God that
I do not have to work right now, so thankful
for the things HOBL has done for our future
that has me not having to worry about finances.
Life is good every day...

1 comment:

  1. I think about living into my 90's and it's a pretty scary thought. I guess because the odds are stacked against you. Odds are you bury a spouse, a child, a grandchild, your siblings, etc etc... I see it's nice to see a blue sky but it takes a special person to enjoy the last few the same as the first. Wow ... that was about as deep as I get. Now I got a stomach ache .. it's either stress or gas. I hope it's the latter. (see, already talking like I'm in my 90's)

    ReplyDelete