Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review of Day One btw

nope btw not standing for by the way but for:
BACK TO WORK
I did it, I did it!!!!
It was a good day but I'd be lying if a few times during
the day I was so overwhelmed that I longed for my
days at home when I could make my own agenda.
Yet it was fantastical....
Our guidance counselor told me at lunch
that the buzz in the cafeteria was that someone
"Saw nurse Lilly"
then one of the big 5th grade boys said,
"The real Nurse Lilly?"
He was assured that it was the real one, no impostor
and he began to chant my name and the other 5th graders
joined him....
How sweet is that?
Our counselor was surprised because it was a 5th grade
boy who started and I reminded her that I have been those 5th graders
nurse since they were in Pre-K so I am "their nurse".
I can only explain how I was by the end of the day by
saying I was exhausted but better than on my very
best day before surgery.
I consider that a wonderful thing!
So many of my school babies just had to find a reason
to visit me and boy did they make up some things.
Mostly though, I just visited each class and said hey.
So many of my peers wanted to know about our
wonderful Jillian.
After explaining just how great I think she is
I had to share that right now
I wish I could just put Jilly-bean, Kd and Roddie
in a bubble around their house,
where the world cannot touch them for the
next 21 years so the world cannot mess up
the perfectly wonderful love they feel and have right now.
Ugh how the world complicates things sometimes.
Again, I pray that this love can carry them through all
the troubled times they may face.
Thanks to all who have cheered me on to this
return to work, thanks to all who held down
my fort at TES.
Forever grateful to those people!!!!!

1 comment: