Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Hello World!

We welcomed Jillian Grace Riera into the world,
yesterday on 3/13/11 at 10:43 am
She is 7 pounds, 5 ounces of pure perfection
and my heart has melted for this child.
There are no words in this worldly vocabulary to express what
this child has done to me, Yes this Mumsie is free from
words and explanations because none seem good enough.
Pictures can tell part of the story, look at BB's face
as he watches his wife hold his child for the first time.
To have been able to not only witness Jillian's birth
but also to help Kd, BB and her mom coach and encourage
the process of a birth is nothing short of a miracle.
I did not think it was possible to love my daughter-in-law
more than I already did but to see her, doing all
it took to make sure this little girl came into the world
as safely as she could has me with so much tenderness
in my heart for her. She was a trooper and a true
inspiration to me. I feel a new bond with her,
the bond of motherhood.
No one will ever be able to replace her,
she is the mother of my grandchild
and I will forever adore her.
To see my first born little boy, who taught me what is was
to mother, witness the first breath of his first born, to watch
him praise his wife and become a daddy in a matter of minutes
will forever be a memory I will never take for granted.
I don't know all he said to his little girl during their first
conversation but she was definitely listening.
To see so much of her mommy in this precious child but
her daddy's lips brought me to tears more than once.
I always believed that my babies were the most perfect
then Jillian came along to prove me wrong.
BG and Kd's brother Frankie instantly became godparents
and aside from a sad movie it takes much to make BG cry
yet this little 7 pound girl did it to her.
Jillian will be the one to melt that gaga heart more than once.
Then in a matter of moments, these two went from being
a couple to a family. It came as instinct for the both of them.
I like to think their parents had something to do with that.
My wishes for them:
That they never, ever forget what this type of love
feels like, may it carry them through any rough spots they
may ever have in their marriage and that they
always take this little girl's future into consideration
when decisions are being made.
They now understand what real unconditional love
feels like, the kind that you would move
mountains for.
Thank you Kd and BABY Boy for loving each other
enough to bring Jillian into the world and
making me a Mumsie.
There is no greater gift.
(I am so glad we took that trip to Alaska ;^)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on becoming a Mumsie!! You sweet post brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Mumsie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to all of you!!! JILLIAN GRACE is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete