Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

well, that was short-lived...

Before I went back to work I prayed.
I prayed that God would make it very clear to me
as to what I am supposed to do in regards
to my career, my work.
Sometime he speaks so loudly and I still don't listen.
Sometimes he has to show me more than once.
Yesterday, only the third day of work
and I had to come home
just could not climb another stair
could not squat down to look into the eyes of
one more child.
Today I find myself already not being able
to make it into work
and my mind is reeling.
I am worried.
Worried that I went back too soon
Worried that I went back just long enough
to mess up my peers who were
filling my position while I was out.
I know one thing I am not willing to go
back to what I was prior to this surgery.
No matter what, I am not willing to go back
to a nurse who has to jeopardize her family,
home and those she loves the most for the
love of a job.
I know nothing has been messed up with the sugery
I know that this surgery has been a success.
It could just be I can't do this job anymore.
So today after speaking to his nurse for a long time
yesterday afternoon I will see Donner man and make
some decisions.
Whether I should try again after Easter
or wait until next school year when
there will be no steps to worry about...
Is it time to just hang up the lab coat all together.
Through all of this I am okay.
After much deep talk and thought with
myself as well as the HOBL It is what it is
and I am okay with however this turns out.
I just feel badly that I went back for just long
enough to mess up things that were working fine
without me.
Yet even this I have to put aside.
Those who love me know I am not a whiner.
This is not something I want or thrive for
it is my life and like I have accepted all that
life has thrown at me prior to this, I will
learn to deal with this also.
I will not even end this blog with pleas for
prayers. God is in control he is speaking and I
am listening and I will know what I have to do when
the time comes.
Love to all, do not worry about me,
I am better mentally today than I have been for some time.


No comments:

Post a Comment