Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Glad there is no job today...

Oh I know if I had to go to a job today
I so would not make it there.
Hard to believe that a little cold front of 80 degrees
can be causing me so much havoc
but it is...
Nights with little sleep suck...
makes me have a new-found understanding
of HOBL and his insomnia issues.
Having said this, I refuse to let this back issue
take away my serenity ever again.
I refuse, on a bad day, to lie around and wallow in my
own self-pity. Cannot stand having people's sympathy.
Doesn't fit into my personality.
It is my choice to accept what is and move on.
Not working has me seeing, once again,
all I can do if I don't work.
Things I can do at my own pace, slowing down when I must.
Yesterday one of my "besties" little girl
had a band competition at Nicholls and I decided
that I wanted to go hear her perform.
I had not done something like this since my own BG
was in band. I so enjoyed my afternoon.
I did not get to see besties Jess until much later,
after she performed but I waited, I wanted her to know
that she had done a great job and that I loved watching.
The smile on her face as she crossed the street and saw me
said so much. She seemed happy and proud that I was there
to watch her. I am so glad I was there, so glad that bestie
has allowed me in her children's life.
Love that I am finding my other callings besides nursing.
Making kids happy makes me happy.
So if you need an audience for one of your chillins'
call "auntie Lil"
Thanks Jess for a great performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment