Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

coming soon:



I spent the day yesterday with my
friend Patricia and her little girl me-me
who was home from school not feeling well.
I love Patricia's children. Me-me is still a student
at TES and her big sis was, prior to moving on to
Middle school. During our day Patricia brought up
the topic of becoming a grandmommy soon
and how she wished she could be there just to see
me on the day of her birth.
I can't even imagine what that day will be like for me.
Sometimes I can't grasp what all tell me about the event
how much my love for this little girl will be.
I share this with P. and she says to me
that she just knows me and I am going to be
so emotional that day.
She is probably right, I mean I can't even see a strangers
baby without getting all warm and fuzzy inside.
P. got me thinking about the idea of this child being
partially a part of me. My child's child made with
the love of his life....
Oh just this thought gives me butterflies in my belly.
During the day me-me comes to me in the kitchen
for a long extended hug as we sway and dance
and I rub her back and kiss her head.
Her mother looks at us and has that smile on her face
that tells me oh if I can be this way with a friends
little girl, I will be puddy in the hands of my little
grandaughter. As I leave P's house after coffee and dessert
with two more of our school friends, Steph and Amanda,
I get love from P's babies as I go to leave they leave their
bikes to give me extra long kisses and hugs
and wave and send kisses the whole time I am backing out.
Then for one moment I get a glimpse of what being a grandmother
will be. My little Jilly-bean sending me love and kisses as I back
out of her own driveway, I get a lump in my throat.
She can not come soon enough, our little miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment