Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The little brain of a 7 year old.

While in a class yesterday, one of our
little students realized she had made a mistake
bubbling her computer card.
I explained to her that she is way smarter than me.
I would never have figured that out, I would
have just thought I had got them all wrong.
So she then goes in to this long explanation on
how she can figure these things out:
"I am very smart Nurse Lilly"
"oh, I know that"
"Well I will tell you how I do it"
"Oh, Please do tell, I need to be smarter"
"Well, you see I make this little test in my brain"
"Really, tell me more" as I wear my surprised face.
"The thing I do is when my teacher goes over the
test I put it in my little brain. I put the answers too
and it's not cheating because it's in my brain."
(Still looking at her with wide eyes and surprise)
"Then Nurse Lilly, when my teacher gives us the
answers I put that on the test in my brain.
Then when I take the real test, I just look at the test
in my brain and there are the answers"
"Wow" I say "I wish I had known this when I was your age"
"I know my answers are right because I check the test in
my little brain"
I am so glad for her little brain...
Her little brain can change the world...
and I get to do this every day,
and they pay me to do it....
Oh what a wonderful world!

2 comments:

  1. I find myself dealing with the behind of a 7 year old more often than the brain .....

    ReplyDelete