Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

paradise in the Riera home


HOBL and I find ourselves like many
married couples who survive the first
20 something years of their marriage.
A life in our home with no children for the first time.
We were married for 9 months when Baby boy was conceived
and another 9 months before he was born and those
18 months had drugs involved in them so we
are finding ourselves, after 27 years of marriage
in a home that does not have children involved in our daily
happenings. It is a weird feeling and a really good thing.
To find out who each of us are again without having
to have the parenting thing in the middle of the relationship.
We are finding out who each other is again.
For instance, last night we both laid in our bed with each a laptop
looking at Lake houses and dreaming about the day we live in one
together. We talk more than we have in a long time and it doesn't
involve what the children need, want or what is best for them.
I am liking this. We have always been very comfortable with
each other but find ourselves spending more time together or
.... I always wondered how we would adjust to
retirement since we are such different people and have
very little in common, like very little of the same things.
I love that we allow each other to be who we are but
always coming together at the end of the day.
I like this man I married. I really do.
I always loved him but I like him too.
I look forward to the next 28 years with him.
I am so glad we did the hard work to stay together,
to commit ourselves to this marriage.
It's a good life, really it is...

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, I'm thinking of Styx ... "Rockin in Paradise .. Rockin in Paradise tonight ...."

    ReplyDelete