Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy birthday, dear Roddie....

So one day this week while baby boy and I are chatting
on facebook, I mention that I can't believe that he
is going to be 25.
"yep"
he says.
He understands the meaning of text and chat
short and simple statements with
little or no feeling in it's context.
It is the part of text and chat I have not yet mastered.
I respond back
"It is hard for me to sometimes believe that you are
the little baby I carried"
"I am not going to get mushy..... so stop"
This is his answer, so I stop.
However, when your Momma writes a blog,
she can be mushy on your birthday
even if your are grown and married.



Many years have passed since you celebrated this first birthday.
We practiced for weeks on blowing out your candle
and I was so proud that on the big day you were able
to do just that.
In Aha week, you are my AHA moment.
Came to a young girl who was told her whole life that she
would never have a baby.
Three days after my 22nd birthday at 3:35 pm
I gave a natural birth to the most beautiful boy in the entire world.
In good times and in bad times
I never forgot what a gift you and your sister are to me.
I have done many things in my life but the
one I feel I did the best, the one I am most proud of
is the way I mothered you and baby girl.
I know now that you are grown and married
your time with us is limited.
I want you to know today on your 25th birthday
that forever, even though it drives you crazy
and aggravates you and maybe even makes you angry,
I will always love you and think about you in the
sense of the little boy that I helped nurture.
Forever, forever,
you will always be my
BABY BOY

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm not mushy at all... once a terd always a terd .... A 25 year old shloought. Look at the pictures if you think I'm joking .... Tiffany was going to ram that stuff down your throat and I'm not quite sure but that might be the biggest diaper I ever saw. Ronald has his hair thing going and we'll never know what was really on that tray and we'll just say Beck has the 80's look down pat. Have a nice day. Terd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kid will be my boy always.

    ReplyDelete