Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

enraged that young adults can't trust anyone

The news buzz here this week is about the
Policeman who picked up a 22 year old Nicholl's student
who found herself intoxicated and needing a ride
back to her Nicholl's apartment.
It is what we have taught our children,
when you find yourself in a situation that is not
safe for you, find a policeman and ask for help.
This young woman decided she was too drunk to get herself
back to her apartment so she asked for assistance from
a uniformed campus policeman.
What happened next enrages me.
He couldn't just drop her off and make sure she got
to her home away from home safely.
No, he had to follow her in and rape her.
His plea now is the it was consensual...
Oh do not even get me started on how I feel about that.
An intoxicated young adult, you are an adult on
duty, taxes that we pay to have the job that keeps you employed,
and he is going to stand behind the fact that she asked him
to have sex with her? Oh whatever!!!!
He looks more like a criminal by saying this.
He resigned. Resigned? Well that is the least he could do.
He was in jail for a short time but posted bond...
Why was there a bond set for him?
He took something from all of us, not just the young girl he raped.
He took away the security us parents have when
our children are away from home,
made us wonder if we have to change the life lessons we have
given our children which is to trust law officers.
If it were my daughter, this ex-cop would be
hiding behind the bars for protection because
I would be stalking his penis wherever it went not
to mention what baby boy and HOBL would be
thinking about doing to him.
Hopefully the young girl can get some sense of a life
after this. I can't even imagine what her days are like right now,
how she felt when she had to call her parents and tell them
what happened. Her whole world has to be shaken right now
and I am sure her parents want her home.
I don't care what the Comet states trying to make me
believe that he was this great cop before this incident,
served a stint in Iraq, was up for employee of the month,
Oh whatever, makes me doubt the whole police system
if they can say how great they thought he was
right before he stole from a young woman just beginning her life.
I don't care if in her intoxicated state, she maybe , maybe
thought it would be a good idea to have sex with this officer.
The key words are intoxicated and a uniformed police officer.
No fault on her part, he needs to be serving a life sentence,
but knowing our judicial system, I am sure soon
he will not only be found innocent or his charges be dropped
to a misdemeanor but probably will be a DARE officer soon
because he was "such a good employee"
I am enraged....

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you completely threw out innocent until proven guilty. Everything you say I agree with after the man's day in court. A police officer should be fired for having sex on the job. But at the least, let's see how the story plays out in a court of law. All I'm saying is not to jump to conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He admitted to having sex so he is dead wrong. a man of authority should have set higher standards. He is guilty in my eyes even before he goes to court, but i'm sure some lawyer will get him off.I don't have to much respect for some of our law officers. all crooked look at the newspaper at all the arrests made it is always the people you don't know. I would bet that if the law was honest we would see alot of people that we really know that would be arrested for elegally selling drugs, and many other crimes, but who can we trust today, only the man upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bfob we disagree again, he is guilty, he admitted being guilty and he slept with an intoxicated girl while on duty, he is a married man who has children. wrong, wrong, wrong.... as far as I am concerned he shouldn't even get his day in court.... If it were baby girl, he had hurt, he wouldn't need a day in court... or at least I think that.... he probably is lucky it wasn't baby girl since she probably would have taken care of him herself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless I read the wrong article, I don't see where he admitted raping the girl. Yep, he admitted to sex and yep he should be fired on the spot. But what else do we know? Do we really know anything else? Do we know anything other than the "street talk"? I'm not judge and jury but neither you nor I were in that room. I never said the guy wasn't wrong or shouldn't be fired. I'm saying, don't convict someone of rape by reading a newspaper and listening to the hot gossip or buzz on the street. I'm sure once the district attorney gets involved and the evidence is brought before a grand jury we will see if there is enough for this man to stand trial. If you can't get a fair trial in this country, if you're tried in the papers and on the street, then we really don't have much. If it can be determined through witnesses and blood test and medical records that this person was in fact inebriated and unable to consent, then guilty as charged and I am in total agreement with you. AND SINCE WHEN DOES CAJUN RON LOOK TO THE MAN UPSTAIRS? So, Lil, go brush your teeth and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I been looking to the man upstairs for a long time, I just don't broadcast it or go to a church that half of the ones that go talk the talk but don't walk the walk. I look to him many times and pray many times, sometimes they have curse words mixed with the prayers but its still praying and he still listens, I just don't believe in churches or any thing that deals with organized religion or bibles. Getting back to the article he did admit that she was drunk and that he had sex with her, and him being in a power of authority I would say that is rape and you can persuade me to think its not, because I no you are a good father and if that was your daughter you would be judging him. The facts are in the paper, she was Drunk, he lyed to the dispatcher so he can get his rocks off on a poor girl that he admitted was drunk. Thats freaking rape in my mind and If I was her dad I would want to kick his ass. And as far as fair trials, there are many in this world that didn't have fair trials and that were falsely accused of crimes, thats the game of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. rape has many forms, he may have well raped her, he admitted he took her home because she was intoxicated, I don't think in her condition even is she said yes, knew what she was saying, and the older I get the less faith I have in the judicial system when it comes to cases like this. When lawyers admit that they turn around the truth for the benefit of their quilty client
    that is not a fair case. I don't care that he was a "good officer" I don't want to hear about it.... he should be in jail, he took a position of authority and made us doubt that authority, he took from the safety of our children in college...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Bishop Ron have totally missed my point. I'm not saying the dude is innocent and should walk free. I just commented that your blog took the circumstantial route that's all. His lawyer is going to ask "What was her BAC?" Now if she didn't go to the hospital then what? I'm sure she did and her BAC was above the legal limit and her ability to consent was nil. The problem? We don't know her condition. He belongs in jail as soon as all of the evidence is presented and he's found guilty. He doesn't belong in jail because of the article in the paper or what's said on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should of been a lawyer, The guy said she was drunk, what more do you need, she shouldn't need a BAC test, they should have enough evidence now. 1) He lied to dispather 2) He said she was Drunk 3) and as far as it being gossip, his own department stated them facts. And I say it again if this was your kid you wouldn't be thinking this way, you would want to crucify him Now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's try this again. I start reading this blog entry and my reply was to simply let it play out first. Never did I say I wouldn't "crucify him now". Didn't say anything other than "let's see how it plays out..." Simple. Now, since I should be a lawyer, answer me this (and I have no idea the answer but I think it's yes) Can someone who has a BAC (blood alcohol content) that classifies him or her as intoxicated enter into any agreement? That will determine consent. Because if this person actually did consent, then there shouldn't be rape. Doesn't mean the officer isn't garbage. Lied to dispatcher = lose job ... said she was drunk = BAC ? -- I said I was Elvis but it doesn't make me the king. And lastly, I'm too honest to be a lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with consent between 2 drunks having sex, but when you have a position of authority and you take advantage of a women that is intoxicated when she wanted help according to this cop, I would bet that the DA would have a strong case of prosecuting this Moron. If you read many state statues you will see that many people have been prosucuted because they were in positions of authority and abuse there powers, most of these were kids under age, but I would say A sober cop on duty to protect the citizens that abuse a intoxicated 22 year old girl is in one heep of shit. I say he will be tryed and should be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Alaska Law, pretty similar to other laws, but Louisiana is usually more harsh on predators. Under Alaska statue sec 11.41.420 Sexual assult of the second degree, which is a felony B, would cover the crimes that this asshole committed, and thers no age barrier, all he had to be was a cop, and the victom would have to be mentally chalenged, which he said that she was drunk, so I think this is a slam dunk case for a good prosecuter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. CSI has got nothing on us

    ReplyDelete