Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

What do people do without friends?

I am trying to figure out, what do people who deny themselves
real, true friends do?
Why, you may ask, I am thinking this so early this morning?
Well, I have truly, truly wonderful friends.
Each is so important to me for different ways.
The friend that has me thinking this so early
is my dear friend, Patricia D.
Patricia and I work together but she is also an avid follower of the blog.
She gets me.
She understands that to be friends with me you have to
like deep conversations where I say things most people just think aloud.
She listens and she also comes to me often when she wants these
deep lessons on life, she also is one who deeply thinks of life and God.
Patricia, like me also has this wonderful sense of humor so
most of our conversations last very long and usually end
of shedding a few tears but alway is accompanied with much laughter.
Because she follows my blog faithfully she knows those little things about me
like that God speaks to me when I brush my teeth.
It is a long standing joke with all who knows me
but he really does put big ideas and answers in my head
when I shut up long enough to listen and that is when
I brush my teeth which is also when I am the quietest.
Hence, Patricia understands my blog the other day when
I am confused about what God is trying to tell me about
decisions on working and these medical issues.
When I end with the fact that I probably need to start brushing
my teeth more often, she understands what that means.
Yesterday, when I return to work after a day and a half off,
who but Patricia is there bright and early to greet me in my
office. She is not empty handed:
How funny that my girl brings in the new portable tooth brushes
so that I can hear God on the go!
What a sense of humor but also so touching because not only
does my friend "get me" but she listens.
She understands that I am struggling mentally with decisions that need
to be made.
She and many like her at TES are what makes it so hard to give up
a job I love so much.
Thanks Patricia, you are the bomb of a friend.
I love you and your babies...

1 comment: