Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

yesterday was pokeno Sunday



I have blogged about my pokeno group before.
Yet each year, when it is my turn to host,
I am reminded of just what a great group I belong to.
I have been in this group for 16 years, since baby girl was 4.
Many have come and gone, but the original group has
been around that long.
It was because of conversations of this group of lady friends
that made me realize my Mumsie was suffering from dementia.
Again, I was very touched when they made the decision
without my input to make Mumsie and honorary member
of our pokeno group.
Let me explain.
There are 11 ladies in our group and each is expected to
host pokeno at their home once a year.
Because Mumsie is one of the members,
I was responsible for doing my own month as well as Mumsie's
month since she became unable to do it herself.
In March, they called me to explain that they had
made a decision that Mumsie and I's pokeno
would be combined to once a year.
I tried to argue the point explaining that I didn't mind
doing it but they made up some lame excuse that
they didn't "feel like coming to Thibodaux twice a year"
I know they made that up because they love me and the Mumsie
like that. So again, yesterday, as we gather together
at my home with a few extra friends who filled in
as subs, I am reminded as we speak what an honor
it is to have true and long-time friends.


1 comment: