Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

natural progression of life


As I sat in my scrap room last night working on
Leah's wedding programs I thought about
how fast time has passed that I am making wedding
programs for this little girl that graced my home
while growing up.
Sometimes it is the growth of other people's children
that shock me more than my own.
I guess it is because I have been there every day to
watch my own grow while other people's children
has come in spurts.
So Leah is getting married.
I thought of the little girl who loved to hang out at
my house, not to play with baby girl but to
gain the attention of baby boy and any friend who may
be over that weekend.
It is a source of pleasure for my family as well as hers
to watch the video I made of the time she
sang to Celine Dion and pranced down the steps of my home
to the wondering eyes of Baby boy and Robert.
Thankfully, they didn't see what I saw,
a little girl with so much more maturity than those
boys had at the time.
She has always been the most loving child and even
now when I see her I am always reminded of the little girl
who I loved so much.
The natural progression of life:
Little children will grow up,
some will get married, some will travel the world
but they, with the grace of God,
will all grow up.

1 comment: