Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

HOBL comes home and I return to work


wooHoo!!!!!
First day of work begins today for me.
Today is meetings and tomorrow, tomorrow,
my precious little ones return from a whole summer off.
Yes, I know you guys, especially my teacher friends
are wondering what the heck is wrong with me.
It is when I am at my best when I care for the Children at TES.
There was fear that maybe I would loose the school I am at
and have to move to a new venue due to where
the high medical needs were.
I cannot tell you how I cheered when I found out that
I was again assigned to TES.
You see school nursing has nothing to do with handing out
bandaids or checking immunizations.
Yes, of course these things are a part of it
but what makes a school nurse, to me,
is she is the one who is constant in the school,
like the principal, even though you are nervous about
who your teacher may be, you are comforted
about the fact that your school nurse will be there, the same.
The school nurse sometimes is the link between the child
and their home life. The teacher has to be responsible
for their education but sometimes knowing about their home life
helps you teach them better.
Many times I am approached by teachers to fill in the blanks
for why a child acts the way they do.
Because I have known them and their families this year since
the 5th graders were in PreK, I know about most everything in their lives.
I know which ones need to be coddled until their mom's get there,
I know which ones will not eat breakfast and have a stomach ache
before 9 am. I know the ones that can't wait for school to start
tomorrow because they are safe and fed and I know the ones
who would rather be home playing because home is their safe.
Please pray for me that my health holds up for another year of
loving these children. I cannot imagine myself not
going to this job every day.
I am excited, pumped and looking forward to all the
lessons I will pick up by spending another year
at TES!

4 comments:

  1. "Whole Summer"??? Seems like just a little more than half to me. We used to go to school around Labor Day. And I think you should devote a little time to "welcoming" home HOBL... and I think Jes should give him big hugs and kisses too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling so much! That was my feeling about GMUE!! It is days like this when I miss school nursing. Lil, I pray for you everyday that your health stays good so that you can give those TES kids all the love, care, hope, and dreams that they all deserve. Good luck!!! I love you!
    Tie

    PS: My job is even better!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an Angel sent from Heaven above Lil. Those kids are bless by God with your presence and involvement in their daily lives. Yet another reason why our Higher Power saw fit to still have you with us. I hope you are feeling well enough to fullfil God's will for another 50 years!! I love you baby sista.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And oh, by the way...Welcome home Ronniee.

    ReplyDelete