Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

ahhhhhhhh,INSPIRE, I so love you!!!

When Scrapalicious closed, the only way I lived through that
was the fact that Ashley R. was going to open up another
scrap store. Ash was a big part of Vera's Scrapalicious
so I knew this store was going to be all I needed it to be.
Ash and I share the love for everything old, vintage and
so does Vera. Needless to say on the first week of the
new store, INSPIRE opening, I was all over that place.
When I first heard of the class that Vera would be teaching,
Up on the rooftop, I knew I would be there and I knew
exactly who I was going to treat as my dates.
I gave Meagan, one of baby girls' best friends and Abby a birthday gift
of spending time with "auntie" Lil or as Meagan calls me,
"Moma LIl"
Meg, a few weeks ago came over with this
very small picture of great grandparents she never knew.
She wanted me to first help her fix the imperfections in
the photo as well as make her Mom a really cool gift
since it was the only picture her Mom had of them together.
When this class came up I just knew this was what
Meg needed to do with the most awesome picture.
Abby has always loved crafting with her Auntie Lil.
When I built dollhouses she loved coming and help me.
Now she loves scrapbooking with me.
When her birthday came up I wanted to give her
more than just a gift card. I wanted to give her the
gift of creating something together.
What a perfect way to support my now favorite store
and play with Abby.
I can tell you this niece of mine is not in TAG art for nothing.
She took the project and made it her own
ending up with a piece of art that fit her age and
who she is as a person.
What an amazing class and time we had with Vera as our
teacher and Ash looking on for whatever else we may
have needed. Our projects came out sooo cool
and I am hoping that Leah is not reading this blog
this morning on the day of her bridal shower as this
is going to be her gift from myself.
Time spent together, always the best and this new store
will be heavily supported by me.
I am selfish in that I want Ash and INSPIRE to do awesomely well
because then I have a place to hang out and spend my money.
Even if you believe you are not a scrapper please visit.
There are many things in that store that can be used
for other things rather than scrapping.
Even someone who does not enjoy scrapping would have
loved doing this project that is on an old slate roof tile.
Meagan gave her Mother the gift when she got home last night.
She called me to say her mother was touched and cried that
she had been planning this gift for some time.
Abby and I went back home to Lee drive and because we were
so INSPIRED stayed up past midnight playing and talking.
Many times last night Abby said,
"Aunt Lil, we are so much alike"
Yes, my sweet girl and I am so so happy about that!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Where is this place located? Can anyone take a class?
    Stephanie Millet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Steph!!! It is called INSPIRE owned and operated by Ashley Robinson.
    Go on her blog and each month there are different classes that she will post on her calendar.
    www.inspirescrapboutique.blogspot.com
    the phone number to the store is 227-9970.
    It is located on Laura drive in Thib. the new strip mall behind the drive up Capitol One bank near Rousse's epicurium on 308.
    This class was awesome and only 30 dollars and all supplies were included. YOu and your lil girl would love this place!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and we learned how to make those awesome paper flowers. Sooo easy and can be used on so many different things besides scrapbooks, you can make them with material and put them on those fancy headbands kids wear now. Makes me want to make one hundred of them....
    let me know if anyone needs more information...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and another blog you may like to follow is Vera Holloway's she is one of the designers that teaches as well as Ashley and her blog has some awesome stuff as well as tutorials to show you how to make cool flowers
    www.veraholloway.blogspot.com
    okay enough posts on my own blog for a day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! I am so sad I missed this! I will have to join in on one of the classes! I am always open to learning how to do new things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Lil! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some left over shingles if you wanna put pictures on them.....your son

    ReplyDelete
  8. not regular roofing shingles silly boy...

    ReplyDelete