Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

re-subscribing to the Daily Comet

I have had periods where I have had the Daily Comet
delivered to our home and I have had periods where
I believed that if I could read it on the net then
it is a waste of money.
However I have been thinking a lot lately about things
that are a dying thing in our society and those same
things I want to do to assure that I do my part to keep it alive.
Just like the cajun french I speak of and the libraries and books
I fear are dying, the newspaper is one of those things.
With the new Kindle computerized books there is almost
no reason to visit a library or a bookstore.
Newspapers are the same way.
When the babies were growing up we had the Daily Comet
delivered every day and many times they
were cut up for articles that the kids needed or they
pulled it to read the cartoons or they or one of their
friends were on the paper.
Now children do almost everything on the computer.
Yes, this is good, I understand that it is their world.
But what if none of us ever buy a newspaper again?
If we don't support and pay for our local Daily Comet
it too will go out of business and die.
I enjoy reading my newspaper and I had forgotten just how much.
On my first day of receiving it again I happened to be
outside when my paper carrier was looking for my home.
A sweet lady with another younger lady in a beat-up car
looking for my address.
Of course, in Lilly fashion I had to talk to her.
I thanked her for delivering my Comet and she
thanked me for signing up. She will be my carrier
and she says it has been really slow lately.
I feel good about the 20 dollar check I wrote out for
11 weeks of home delivery service.
I am now supporting another dying cause.
I am now going to help the carrier who needs people
to subscribe to home delivery so she can keep a job.
I love the printed word on newspaper print.
Support your local newspaper and subscribe.
Get your children used to at least skimming the paper each day.
Then their generation also will support the cause.
Happy thursday!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so good, here's a future "lilbit" blog entry .... (ofcourse in Auntie Lil style) ... Comon Ca Va mes amis, I'm blogging from my chateau du Riera here on Lake Baby Gurl ... Ron's been up since 4 this morning trying to find his prized rooster that he didn't hear crow ... Eskimo is here with his girlfreind, sha'd bete they grow up too fast ... just the other day KD was at my house listening to the President with the big ears and we were talking about the pregnancy (wait, I'm getting gross cur).. oh and I heard from Baby Gurl yesterday. She's in Chile. Remember how she drove down to support the trapped miners and ended up adopting and orphan? Well she had to go back because Pa-Ko was having trouble reading. Baby boy is still in Russia working 58 and 2. That kid is just like his dad. Well the sun is up and the pond is beautiful but I'm somewhat depressed. The neighbors cut down all their trees for pulp and now I see nothing but stumps. You know Aunt Lil, I had to find out why would they destroy all these beautiful trees that I love so much. The ones Eskimo used to climb and I'd laugh and read The St. Francisville Dispatch. Well they told me there was a spike in newspaper sales again and they needed the paper ...... at that moment I remembered THE DAILY FREAKIN COMET."

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaa thanks so much for the wonderful comment bfob and that sounds so much like me!!!!! you are right, this sounds just like me but doubt I will still be blogging by the time eskimo has a girlfriend... but you never know.... I really loved this especially since only made a half a day at work.
    You really need to start your own blog!

    ReplyDelete