Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

A HAPPY PLATE

Yesterday was my first session with a new counselor.
I am a firm believer in counseling and not only when you are
crazy, which I may be but that is another blog...
The whole story of why I decided I needed to go to counseling
is also another blog.
Today I want to talk about Happy Plates.
As I left the counselors' office in Houma I decided to try
and get some Target action.
I find that I have been shying away from those things that
I love to do, one being shopping.
Yesterday I decide to tackle Target.
I decide to take my time, get it all in. Go in all the departments.
I don't need anything, I just want to see what is new out
in the world I have shied away from.
I find these two cute little plates.
They obviously are for little children.
However, the minute I put them in my hand a big smile
comes to my face. They immediately put me in a happy mood.
I think of how much the babies would have loved these
plates when they were little.
Shoot I think how fun it would be that when I made a
"Happy Plate" which I always do, by the way...
that this cute little monkey or bird would be there to
greet me. I carry them around the store.
I want them because they, just by carrying them change
my perspective, my thoughts.
I also walk and put them back a few times.
I am freaking 47 years old! Do I really need a silly
plate to put me in a good mood....
In the end,
monkey and birdie make their way home with me.
For $1.79 a piece I am happy to look at them.
Happiness, no where can be bought for under 4 dollars.
After all the counselor and I spoke of in the first hour
we were together, she told me one thing that really stuck
with me.
"From listening to your life story, I can tell no matter
where your life leads you, you will make it a good thing."
A compliment when I don't feel it.
Yet, my happy plates do make me realize
that I am going to be happy,
because happiness is a choice.
Happiness comes by hard work and making a conscious decision
that no matter what, we can be happy.
I ate chicken fettucini in my monkey happy plate last night.
It served the purpose I needed.
I smiled big when I made a
HAPPY PLATE

6 comments:

  1. Looks like eskimo has his own dishes at mumsies... now all you need are sippies, a high chair, baby bed, etc for those KD overnighters when Baby Boy is working ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. cannot freaking wait for those all nighters.... you getting me soooo excited, BFOB....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh it will be such a blast .... got the baby bag full of diapers and wipes and Boudreaux butt paste and the infant Tylenol .... unless mumsie keeps a supply at home. Sponge baths with a little bit of water and then the baby lotion ... hurry up before you get saluted. A couple of little poo poos and one upset tummy then a few laughs and smiles then poof nite nite time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, you know I will have my own stash of all of it... good thing about being the mumsie I can probably defer the diaper duty to the momma or the jewsie....

    ReplyDelete
  5. not the baby poopie.. baby poopie is fun b/c it doesn't really smell and you get to talk silly baby talk while you change the poo poo.... it's the 18 month poo poo that you pass on to others

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh okay, I'll remember that news flash... you are so silly love you!

    ReplyDelete