Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

WWGD

No, these days for me, this does not stand
for "What would God do"
and I was never one to go with the flow of
"What would Jesus do"
The question I ask myself on bad mornings,
on mornings that I sleep little and dream of pain
or wake up so stiff that it takes me an hour to move
I simply ask myself:
"WHAT WOULD GINA B. DO"
If given the chance for one more day to get up,
get dressed face a day of work antics
what would my friend do?
I know my Gina B. She would get dressed,
put that beautiful smile on her face and go to work
or tackle her day for whatever it brings.
Shoot she does that now when she dresses to spend
the day at her Mom's most days.
So today, after "one of those nights"
I am up and going to dress into a cute little nursing uniform
and try to make a whole day of work.
Today I am not going to do it for me I am going
to do it for the honor of calling Gina B. my friend.
I am going to do it for her.
I am not going to let the daily hassles of working in the
school system get to me because if given the day,
Gina B. would be so happy to be there that she would
make the best of it and bring joy to all she touches.
I will work today not for me but in the name of Gina B.
and hope that I make her and our God proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment