Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hanging with the BESTIES

Yesterday was a day spent with my BESTIES.
It is what I have decided to call them for nostalgic reasons.
I thought life friends was a good name but BESTIES
fits better. What is a BESTIE, I heard you ask?
Well unlike my grown-up friends, friends I have acquired
as an adult, BESTIES have been here since childhood.
BESTIES knew you when you were a kid, they know your whole
family, they remember the house you grew up in,
the things you loved.... and they continue to be your beloved friends
through your whole life.
I have three best BESTIES
I have talked about them before.
There is Tanial, Laurie, and Ann.
This day was with BESTIES,
Laurie and Ann.
There was very little that was good about Laurie's daddy
becoming ill and dying and the loss was present in our gathering today.
One good thing that did come of it, is that
these two BESTIES and myself made a promise
to begin spending more time together.
We also were blessed to have two out of our six children with us.
Hanging with grown children is a blessing and
Jesi and Lindsey not only added to our wonderful day
but were tolerant of our laughing and talking about
things that, to them, must have been lame.
Lindsey, Laurie's daughter is our miracle girl that I have
blogged about before so any time spent with her
is fun, fun, fun!!!
Baby girl made the comment,
"I really like Lindsey, she reminds me of you, no filter"
Well, I like a girl who says what is on her mind....
Proud that she is like me in that way.
We hung out at one of my favorite places,
the CAJUN VILLAGE in Sorrento.
They were quite pleased with this place but none
were happy with me that I had to get the camera out...
Ugh, what good is a memory if you don't have pictures
to remind you or to scrap about...
I did manage to get a few and I know one day they will be glad
I did.
Baby girl's now single life has been a blessing for our relationship.
She now, once again, remembers how important mothers and daughters
are to each other and having her spend the day with me and my BESTIES
had me beaming with pride.
She is quieter than me but in other ways soooo much like me....
I love my baby girl.....
Laurie and her baby girl, I am so happy that I got this snapshot,
it is a new favorite of mines.
They may have hated that I had that camera, but this is one they
will be glad I captured....
... and I can always convince Ann to be my partner in crime
after a little coaxing. I gave her a situation as baby girl held the camera.
I said, "Come on Ann, lets pretend we are rocking on a porch
making the vey-yay"
This is what we got.
Thanks my BESTIES and the offspring for a great day spent
with you guys.
Yes, I still talk too much, glad you noticed.
;^)

3 comments:

  1. i had a GREAT time! hope we can do it again some other time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite...sorry I couldn't make it.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, anonymous, I wish you could have made it too!!!!

    ReplyDelete