Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wynonna Judd said it perfectly on Oprah

I am trying to follow the last season of Oprah faithfully.
I have been a fan of Oprah since it went nationwide in 1986.
I remember the first telecast, baby boy was a real baby
and my friend, Lisa Ortego was over visiting.
First show and I was sold.
If you know me or follow lilbitofmyworld, you will
know that I always say if Oprah would know me
Gail's friendship with her would take a back seat to ours.
Yesterday I tune in to watch the Judd's.
I am intrigued by Wynonna Judd. I always have been.
While Ashley and Naomi have always seemed "fake" to me.
Wynonna always seemed like the wayward child,
the black sheep.
On this day Oprah asks her all the hard questions and she answers.
She then says something that sounds like me.
She explains how people are always asking her why her life is
an open book? Why does she feel the need to tell the stories of
her life that are tragic? Does she do it for attention, does she
do it for the fame of it? She says she simply does it
because she sees herself as a teacher. "If something I go through
can help someone else, if in my life others can see themselves and
that they can be okay, that they are not alone, then my life
has not been for nothing."
Well, well Wynonna, we have that in common.
I do not write this blog or speak so openly about my life
for fame, glamour, or attention.
I don't like pity or sympathy.
However, I love the fact that something I may write or share
with others will bring us closer together.
I continue to do this because I want others to know that if
they experience things such as I have, they are not alone.
Very few days go by that someone does not tell me
they read something that touched them on the blog
or have said something that they have thought but didn't
know how to express it.
I want my life to be a human one and I want people to know
that yes, it is okay to have all those both positive and negative
emotions we have. We all have them just most people tend not
to share it with others.
So my life is an open book.
I continue to share good and bad because it is who I am
and in sharing who I am it makes us all closer.
I am just a little girl from Golden Meadow, Louisiana
who was given the gift of gab, the use of words
and I plan on continuing to use it until I am no longer
a part of this world, yet I hope my legacy lives on forever....
Lilliana from Galliano, who was really from Golden Meadow
who talked way too much....
who talked too much about feelings and life to the point
that I made a few uncomfortable but always tried to keep
it real the good and bad...
that is me.... a "lilbitofmyworld"

2 comments:

  1. 1) At my house, when you say "Judds", it's all Ashley :)

    2) David Vitter is the root of your negativity issues

    3) In the words of John, Paul, George, and Ringo --- ALL WE NEED IS LOVE -- LOVE IS ALL WE NEED

    ReplyDelete