Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Unexpected plans have me up and excited early this morning



Last night I am on the all mighty facebook when I read a comment
on little Miki's wall to the effect that he is going
to the swamp with his girl to stay with his momma.
What? A swamp trip planned without Auntie Lil knowing?
Hmmm wonder if this was not done on purpose to keep me
away from the Sayra....
Oh no, this will just not do.
Right away I begin assuring that I will not only see
my nephew but the woman he is now calling his "baby"
I have been wanting to meet this Sayra since I have found out
about her and because they have now stepped up the relationship
to a live-in status, well time for some Auntie Lil loving.
So today I am up bright and early at 5am because
I am going to cook for my company.
White beans, fried fish and booyee cake for dessert.
If you are in the area, stop in.
Rosie is going to go and pick up the Mumsie for the
added bonus. Amazing how things like this pump me up.
I tell Lil Miki and Rosie to prepare this poor girl
for me... Hope they did.
My intentions? Put some food in her belly and then
find out all I need to about this woman who is so special to Miki.
After many tries and much struggle in his life,
I believe that lil Miki finally has his best chance for a happy life.
Funny how sobriety and a good, clean life are the key to finding
all the good things you have longed for in your years of living.
I always put my faith in good people.
No matter what type of trouble my little nephew has found himself in,
he always, always had the desire to "do it right".
It just didn't come as easily for him as it does for most.
I want to be a part of this newly found chance he has worked hard
to get. Can't wait to spread my words of advice to both of them...
It's going to be a good day in the Riera home...
but first, first, there is a garage sale I am just dying to get
my booty to...

3 comments:

  1. hey its kd, have fun today!! i thought i would let you know you're son is jealous.....i told him about my blog that you wrote about me & how excited i was & asked him if he read it....his response "no, i dont care" so i preceeded to ask him "why are you being a dick, are you jealous that you arent in it that much" & he said "yes, she needs to write one about me" haha
    i told him i think you did when it was his AA bday or on his bday but i thought it was funny, & wanted you to know that your son is a little jealous girly girl!! haha

    love you & have fun today, take pictures i want to see this new woman you speak of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well if he would read regularly he would see many many blogs dedicated to him and since he is always telling me that I am too mushy and doesn't want to talk about important things, well not much to blog about ahahah
    anyway... maybe that is why he has been calling his momma more lately...lol well with MIki and Sayra we did lots of reminiscing and watched home videos... talking of stories of he and Baby girl... so if his ears were ringing today, we did lots of speaking and laughing about him today..
    he is one of a kind. I love him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe, me lillian therese collins riera, forgot to take even one picture? What the heck was I thinking? that never happens and yet on this day, it did....

    ReplyDelete