Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

another scrap class with another girl I love

My goal is to spend more time with the kiddies in my
life that I love so being Tedi-girl's birthday,
I treated her to a canvas mini album at INSPIRE.
This landed up being a long class because us scrap
lover girls, when we get together
we try and save the world as well as finishing a project.
We started at 4 and rolled out of there at almost 10pm.
Many lessons were learned.
Our project was not complete all the way but
the fun and love we shared in those hours...
PRICELESS
For instance, my friend Jody learned:
Your fingers will get stuck to your project if you use
Modge Podge and hold down for too long.
My other friend pictured here, Paula learned
that putting Modge Podge on just the outside of
your project will not hold down items if you don't
put the Podge under it also. Oh we did some laughing
and story telling, yes we did!

Our instructor, Michelle is an artist. She is not
just a scrapper. She is not afraid to attack any project.
She is a teacher by trade but has put that aside
to raise an awesome family and follow her
heart with any type of art she can do and sell or teach.
She is eclectic and comes full of stories lots like I do.
I have loved Michelle from the first time I met her
when she owned her own scrap store in Lockport.
Ash, our owner and inspiration behind INSPIRE was there
to add to our conversations and fun last night.
Ash has so much on her plate right now.
A new house, new business, a wedding in December...
I do not know how she stays afloat except to say that
I do believe she does her best work when her cup is overflowing.
When I see young women such as Ashley who gave up a
stable job such as teaching to follow her heart of
creating art and bringing a fabulous store to our
town of Thibodaux all for the love of following a dream,
it makes me want to shout from the roof tops,
"GET OUT AND SPEND MONEY AT INSPIRE"
One of the things we talked about last night
was no amount of hard work by Ash will help keep
her in business and help keep this wonderful store open
if people do not shop and play there.
As all would be, she is trying to make a business work.
I for one, have made my commitment and promise to
dump lots of money in this store and to use my
very big mouth to let others know they must do
the same. Even if you don't scrap, visit.
There are so many things in that store that can be used
for other things rather than scrapping.
It would be an awesome place to do a birthday party
for a young one or a place for a girls night out.
Call INSPIRE 227-9970, visit.
Ash would be basically open to any project
you may want to tackle.
Help keep our store open.
Now for a few words about this awesome child I am proud
to call my godchild. A 14 year old beauty both inside and out.
There is no pressure when having Tedi-girl around.
She loves every day and everything you do for her.
She still loves spending time with her old Nannie and
always shows just how much she loves time with me.
As she gets older it is harder to schedule time with her.
Teenage years, cheerleading, being very popular, we
all find ourselves having to wait our turn for her time.
However when she is with you, it is all about you.
When the conversations got to be deep or grown-up
and the other girls apologized to her about the topic
she reminded them,
"It's okay, if you knew my Mom you would know I have
heard these things."
This made me laugh because she and her Mom have a very
open relationship and there are no topics that are closed
for discussion. Her mom is an awesome mom and doing
such a fantastic job with this only child of hers.
This night was her birthday present since in just days she
will be the big 1-4!
She was definitely INSPIRED and went with
the ideas Michelle gave us and learned
all the techniques but was not afraid to change it
up to fit her personality.
I am glad I can bring her the gift of art because
it is "in her" and her Mom is not a fan of crafts, per say.
A wonderful, wonderful child.
Thanks Tedi-girl for making the time for me,
I Love you and pray that always, always
as you grow up to be an "old lady"
such as me you will remember all the times we spent together
and look back on those times with love and happiness
for your Nannie.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I want to go to a class!! .. I love the products you guys make! And I am ALWAYS open to new ideas! I need to go check out her store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brae please go I know you are a scrapper and we would love to have you come and play with us. Google to store's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brae and the rest of you guys who are interested,
    http://inspirescrapboutique.blogspot.com
    here Ash posts all the classes and crops that are scheduled and if you know of others who scrap please spread the word as I think some do not know we have a scrap store in thib...

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://inspirescrapboutique.blogspot.com/2010/10/some-new-stuff.html
    there it is...

    ReplyDelete