Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

TODAY IS THE DAY..

Today is the day that we pay our final
respects to our dear friend, Gina B.
She donated her body to science,
why? Because she is just cool like that.
Gina B. continues to give even in her death.
If any body can put an end to ALS it
will be our Gina B.
She also continues to give comfort to us
as we try to figure out how we go on without
seeing her when we want to.
Yesterday, while waiting for some of my school friends
to get here there is a ring of my doorbell.
There stands, Becky whom I did not know, holding
a most beautiful small vase of flowers.
I can tell at first that she in not sure what to say.
She goes on to explain that I don't know her
but she reads my blog and she promises that
she in not a stalker but that she and myself
had a mutual friend in Gina B. and
she just felt the need to seek me out and meet me.
Now this is the most special gift and I just know
that my friend in Heaven had something to do with this.
Becky M. came on in and we talked about the blog
and our friend and I know Gina B. was smiling.
I sent Becky home with a hug, promises of a new friendship
and banana nut bread, of course.
Then my school friends began showing up.
Oh I was happy, those that could make it were
Mel and her babies
Patricia and her babies
Michelle and Amanda
Sandra, Monique, and myself.
TES was asked by the family for us to
come up with a portion of Gina B.'s eulogy.
Because we had plans to celebrate her life today
we sat down to reminisce.
I took out one of my journals,
the one I was writing in when Gina B. was diagnosed
and I had forgotten that in that journal I had taped
daily devotionals that Gina B. used to send us
via email.
I randomly opened the journal and there was
our Gina B.'s words..... we cried and laughed that moment
as I read it aloud.
Still giving comfort to us from a far better place.
What a wonderful evening, we must get together,
take time for friends more often.
The icing on the cake,
Cam stopped in for a second, she had invited
me to a wine gala and although I couldn't make it
she stopped and ran in to say Hi anyway.
Friends, I cannot live without them.
A staple in my life just as my family is.
As important as air and water.
Thanks to all who made my grieving a happy time.


1 comment:

  1. Thats about right ..... you give my banana nut to a total stranger! THANKS

    ReplyDelete