Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

ZAHRA CLARE BAKER

ZAHRA CLARE BAKER
ZAHRA CLARE BAKER
Yes, hear the name and let it sink in.
I know, I know some of you followers are going to wonder
"when is Lil going to entertain us with some fun stuff"
Well how can I when this precious child is missing,
presumed dead by the hand of family, people who
were supposed to love and nurture her.
A cancer survivor child with a leg prosthesis
who wore hearing aids because of the treatments she received.
I guess these things have always bothered me to the core.
Abuse of children and death by the hands of those they love
breaches all boundaries of what parenting is.
This case bothers me more for many reasons.
First she was a childhood cancer survivor like me.
Also with the soon arrival of Eskimo Pie and to
see all the excitement this baby is bringing to
kd and Baby boy....
well I am bugged by this case.
I mean if you cannot trust your parents those who love
you the most, who in the world can you trust.
Our world has gotten so far from what God had intended.
There are reported documents that this child was highly
abused by the step mother who sits in jail right now
for unrelated issues. Family members are reporting this
and I want to scream, "Why didn't someone save this precious child?"
Yet, I also understand how hard it is to step in and do the major
things that needs to be done when a child is being harmed
in any way, even if it is a child.
There are rumors that the cadaver dogs have picked up
her human scent in the family car and a wood chipper
on the property..... I cannot even go there.
Because she was home-schooled she had no opportunity
to reach out for help to a teacher or counselor.
I am sad when I think of just how sad her little life must have been.
I thank my wonderful family for the self-esteem I received
having been brought up as a child with cancer.
When I was teased for being bald and would come
home at the end of the day to cry my wonderful daddy would
hold me and remind me with these words,
"Lilly it doesn't matter what the world thinks of you,
when you come through this door you are loved."
I attribute this simple statement from a daddy to
his fighting daughter for the reason I have such a high
self-esteem. This baby did not have this.
After all her treatments, all her fighting of this cancer,
she faced more abuse that was ten times worse than
any chemotherapy or radiation she had.
Her suffering by the hands of people who were supposed to love
her make me angry.
It is everything that is wrong in the world.
If you cannot trust your parents then there is no one you can trust.
There is no form of punishment that will be okay for me
in this case once they find out exactly what happened.
Except maybe the punishment being exactly what
she suffered. Wrong and sad....
wrong and sad....

3 comments:

  1. god bless her family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh another day at the blog and another day it makes me want to jump off of a bridge ..... I think I'll do the Cote Blanche pontoon ... heaven forbid I hurt myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, you need to turn off the news and focus on your own life for a while and recenter. Just so you can sleep at night. That is what I am doing right now. Because - you know what - I can't do anything about what goes on out there - but I can take care of my family - and I can make the world a bit better by making the people a bit better around me. And it can have a ripple effect.

    ReplyDelete