Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Just when...

JUST WHEN I WAS GETTING COMFORTABLE WITH
THE LOSS OF GINA...
JUST WHEN I MADE ARRANGEMENTS TO HANG OUT
WITH FRIENDS MORE OFTEN...
Ann and Moody both could make this evening with me...
Just when My besties, minus Tanial came up with
a night that we can all meet for supper and visit...
Just when I reconnect with Laurie and her children again
because I realize they have grown/are growing up
without knowing me...
Just when we reminisce about high school and
what is going on in all of our lives, where we
discussed the "old days" and HOBL and Moody remember
working with Laurie's dad...
Ann and I catch up on the grown kids antics...
Just when I get to again let this girl Lindsey know
how much I value her friendship and want to be
a big part of her life...
Just When they all pull out of my driveway with promises
to do this more often because we all enjoyed it so much...
... I get the text from another dear friend, Kim
who lets me know that our wonderful friend, Jade
has passed after only a few weeks on hospice
from the dreaded devil of a disease called cancer.
Yes I am angry, all she wanted, all she asked for
was one more Christmas with her little children.
Yes, I know it is my way to understand that was not
to be and eventually I will come to accept this.
But today, today, I have given my self permission
to resort to the "CHILD WITHIN"
and be sad that this girl, the way I remember her best,
is gone and I am mad...
because one more Christmas with her babies just didn't
seem like a lot to ask for.

4 comments:

  1. Well, Lil, you of all people know that God does not wait for special days like Christmas to take whoever he needs at the time! That is why you always say "MAKE TODAY COUNT!" you never know what tomorrow brings. Two good people were taking away from this earth over the last week. Their work was finished here on earth and Heaven need them more. Didn't know Gina B. but I do remember Jade. She was a beautiful girl and I'm sure was an awesome wife and mother. Over the next few days her family and friends will go through a rough time but if they can remember where she is today, life should be easier over time. Christmas will be hard for them this year but the family should be happy to know that her suffering is over and her peace in Heaven is where she's at.

    God bless the family and friends of Jade, especially, her children. They will need as much attention as they could possibly get.

    REST IN PEACE, JADE! YOUR SUFFERING IS OVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilly,this is so heartbreaking to young people in a week. God needed them more in heaven to shine brightly through the sun & the star's. For we do not know when it is our time so we must make everyday count.Jade was a wonderful person inside & out she will live within her children,family, & friends as will Gina B. You are such a great friend & a blessing in everyone's life you touch. God Bless you & your family. I love you thanks for being my son's godmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for everything last night, the chicken spaghetti was the best!! thanks again and sorry for the lost of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so happy to have your loved ones around you - keep them near you - keep them coming around. More and more of them - every day!

    ReplyDelete