Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tedi-girl goes home today

.... and I just know when she pulls out the driveway,
I am going to be really sad.
I love all the time spent with the little ones
but when they get to be teenagers, there is so much
less you have to do to entertain them and so much
more that can be talked about.
Tedi-girl and I we did lots and lots of talking over the
last three days.
Thanks to her Mom, we were able to extend her stay
to today. I know this is a big sacrifice for Tif because
she too was off of work and had to loose time
spent with her own child but it has been way to long
since I had my time with this godchild of mine.
She has grown so much and sooooo good.
When you spend this much time with your Nannie
who likes to talk about life and deep conversations
I am able to find out a lot about where a child is.
This child is moralistically well.
She also loves to have fun and in some ways
reminds me of myself such as when
at bingo last night someones musical ring tone
goes off she breaks out into a dance.
Such as when the man sitting next to her wins a pot
and she decides that he is pretty cool but it is obvious
that he is a "slow adult"
she goes out her way to converse with him a few
times through the night.
She and I, we talk about a lot last night as we stayed up
until 2:30 am to wait for baby girl to get off and to
savor every minute we had left together.
TIffany, you are doing an amazing job with this child.
Yes, I do understand that a lot of her principals she
was born with but I also know that you are nurturing
those qualities. Keep up the great job
and as I told TEdi-girl last night,
it makes me sad because with each passing day I
realize that her time with me will become far and few
between. She promised me she will alway make time
for me and especially BG as she looks up and adores her
so much.
The best medicine this Auntie Lil/nannie can get is time with
such a sweet teenager that I call my godchild.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like y'all had a great time!!! Hope to tune in to blog a little more to try and keep up with everything happening around me.

    ReplyDelete