Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Third confirmation


The last two days have been emotional ones.
Telling my bosses and work peers
that I will be out of work for an indefinite
time was hard for many reasons.
One, because no matter how much they tell
me not to worry about work I know that I
have left them shorthanded.
Two, because the well-wishes and the outpouring
of love and support from all these people,
especially Denise, Sue and Jim
had me wanting to cry for the fact that
I realize just how lucky I am to belong to such
a wonderful group of nurses.
My principal my teacher friends, all sincerely
wishing the best for me was emotionally draining.
Yet I awaken this morning knowing in my heart
that I have done what is best for me and
am following the journey that God has prepared
for me, the journey I call my life.
After work I headed to Larose for my friend/family doctor
to do the paperwork needed to start my extended sick leave.
She also, after looking at all the information I brought,
and letters she received, reassured me that if it were her
she would give this surgery a shot.
I have began this morning on a new pain management program
that I have denied my body for the chance to
continue working.
With one kidney and not being able to take Tylenol, Advil,
or other anti-inflammatories leaves me with narcotics only.
I have not taken it as prescribed for the love of work.
Those days have to be over.
I have to have pain relief so I can strengthen my body
in hopes of having the best outcome from the surgery
that will take place on November 3rd.
Last night, after taking the new medications I had to text
Doc. Pitre, the pain relief I felt for the first time in
a long time almost had me in tears.
I know I am doing what is right, God has acknowledged that
for me and with all that said,
come Wednesday morning when I realize all are returning
to work and I am not, it will be reality to me.
I do feel a big relief though because now all know that
I will not be there.
Gone are the days when I have to decide each morning
after sleeping very little whether or not I can
make it to work, to try and get through the whole
day or half day. This has worn on me emotionally.
However, My faith tells me there is no doubt that I will be returning
to work better than ever to a group of wonderful people
and children that I love.
This is all good, this is what needs to happen.
When three doctors tell you they think they can do something
for your pain, you must listen.
So the new part of my journey begins...

4 comments:

  1. Now it is time for you to take care of you and let others take care of you in the days after your surgery. You know that our love and prayers will be with you on this journey. If you need anything just give a call. You have done so much for me and my family that I pray you fine much needed release from the pain. We will miss you but await your return when God has healed you. Luv U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie - time for you.... One day at a time. When I look back at the shape I was in in Jan. compared to where I am now - whew - night and day. You know what - you are more than worthy - get better please. While that is happening, slow down and do some of the things you have been WANTING to do for yourself - just never had the time - like scraping more, and blogging more, and heck - napping more... organizing photos more. Whatever it might be - you can do it now! Or - nothing but rest the ole body and heal. You can do that, too! You have the love and support of all of US to help you along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..... I love you guys.... and Nanan, I know who your sister is, because you are so much like her, thanks for the words when I need them the most.
    I will be mentally and physically better than ever so watch out world!!!!!

    ReplyDelete