Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Another weekend...

I've not much to blog about this weekend except to say
it will be quite a busy one.
I have grown accustomed to sitting outside in this
beautiful fall weather each afternoon and read
my Daily Comet. It could be considered a form of stalking
as I watch the comings and goings of my neighbors.
Something happens when you sit outside, neighbors
actually come over and chat or talk loudly from their
homes. I have this cute young couple who live directly
across from me. They have a one year old little girl
and watching their little one brings back
such wonderful memories of the growing up years
of my babies.
Yesterday the tyke is dressed in the cutest little
green Tinkerbell costume and when she get out of the car
she runs to her front yard where her grandparents have
put up these huge yard decorations for Halloween.
I know it was the grandparents because that was another
stalking afternoon when I watched them prepare for
their little granddaughters' return from day care
to surprise her with the Halloween decorations.
Both of the parents are nurses at Hotel Thibodaux Regional
so we have lots to discuss when we do speak.
Yesterday they take a few minutes to speak with me.
I also got visits from Donna, my right hand neighbor and
talks from Joe and Lori who live across and to the right.
Spoke with my left hand neighbor when I went into the backyard.
I love living in a subdivision.
There is always someone to run to if you need and egg
or any other ingredient you find yourself without as you
cook. It is one of the things i will miss when we find our
dream lake house....
Cool, crisp weather.
Get out there and visit your neighbors.
Happy Weekend, a busy one for the Riera's.

No comments:

Post a Comment