Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

pumpkin carving and knowing these babies come first

Last night was our annual pumpkin carving night.
I love this night but as I have said times before
the vision in my head is always different from reality.
HOBL missed it this year, still in Alaska
but the rest of the gang made it.


I insisted that this year everyone clean their own pumpkin guts.
I know Mumsie looks like she didn't like this but
she actually loved this part and told us stories
of being a little girl and drying the seeds for eating.
I loooveee this Mumsie. I have come to accept where she
is right now and although I miss having a mother who
can give advice, help like mom's do,
I love her.
She may be child-like but she is funny, entertaining
and so enjoyable. She loves going anywhere and is so compliant.
Never complains and her story telling is something
I love. I hang to every story she tells.
I try on these nights to cook everyone's favorite. So different
to when the babies were kids, then the rule was
"Eat what is cooked or don't eat"
So Baby girl wanted chicken Fricasse' - check
Baby boy wanted liver wrapped in bacon - check
and Kd wanted my famous grilled cheese that she craves -check
baby girl seems to always want to give me this face when
I take out the camera....
BB always insists he is Mumsie's favorite and Mumsie always insists:
"I don't have any favorites, I love them all the same"
Mumsie was so proud of her pumpkin, insisted on taking
it to the Manor and when bb brought her home
wanted to assure he would set up her pumpkin on her
window sill. She is so darn cute!
Night time visual... Jesi and her friend Brittany weren't done
with theirs yet.
BB's is first, no question there 311 lover!
Then Mumsie's
Kd did an awesome job this year. She promised she would
improve from last year and she surely did.
Last one is mines.
Of course, BG's would be a lady gaga pumpkin.
BB always wants to do prom poses when he takes a picture
with his wife.
and when it comes to bg, if I don't get the face of above, I get this one.
Thanks Brittany for joining in on our fun. We loved
having you.
These are the moments that make my life complete.
No matter where this journey of my life leads me,
I need to keep focused on the fact that these
babies,
bb, bg, kd, eskimo pie, HOBL and Mumsie
they are the ones who should come first.
I love my school babies but priorities need to stay focused.
These people deserve the best of me and I
will make sure through this whole process that
I do not forget this.
Thanks for the memories my loves.
We missed you HOBL!

3 comments:

  1. That is fabulous family time right there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute and so sweet that you still make this such a special event for yiur family. Lil Eskimo will just adore doing this especially getting to clean out the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yall should see the pumpkins now!

    ReplyDelete