Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

OH HE'S A WANDERER....

...He'll run round and round and round...
Unlike Trixie, who will not move her fat rump one paw past the
front door out of fear she may have to get some exercise,
Jake will bolt at any minute.
Hence today's story.
Yesterday the poor Charter guy after getting kudo's from me
because of the awesome job he did, forgot to get me
to sign the service paper. I had already let the pups out of
their kennel so he knocked and when I opened, Jake bolted.
This is a major problem. Because he runs like a jack rabbit...
fast and far. It also a major problem because if something happens
to either of the pups on my watch, I do believe HOBL
would file for a divorce and I would really miss him.
So Jake is on the loose so I wake baby girl up and we begin
the hunt for the mongrel who at this moment I am not
too fond of. After a few minutes on foot, I realize
We best get in the car because that boy can run...
He is like a toddler, when you try and run after him
to catch him he bolts.
Yesterday we cannot even spot him, anywhere.
After about 20 minutes I see one of my neighbors backing out his
drive and he looks like he has information on or escapee
so I pull into my driveway.
As my neighbor slowly drives to my house there, following
behind him is our Jake....
running after his truck as though he is some big outside dog...
Baby girl and I we can only laugh.
My neighbor stops to tell me he has been trying to catch him
but it just wasn't happening.
These pictures are the results of how the pup came home looking...
Wet, very wet from roaming in the back ditch of neighbor...
He had this guilty look on his face
and he knew what was coming next, a bath and
flea medicine which he hates both
I wasn't so gentle while bathing him...
But no matter how guilty he looks, believe me, if given the chance,
he would bolt again without worry of the punishment.
When HOBL comes home he really needs to fix our backyard
so that the pups can't get under the gate because this
boy needs some out side time....

1 comment:

  1. I got a three year old that would make a great dog-sitter.

    ReplyDelete