Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

A NEED I HAVE

I have this need lately to spend time with friends
before this surgery.
Today I head to breakfast with Kim V. before
she goes to work at 10:30.
She and I have tried to get together all summer
and it just didn't happen through no fault of either of us.
Today I make the trip to her house this morning
because I know after surgery I will be tied down to the house.
I have not stopped there.
I have also made plans for my besties to come and eat
supper with us on Saturday evening.
I have spoken to Ann and Laurie and will get in touch
with Tanial today.
I have made arrangements to have my other friend,
Cathy who used to work at my school to come
and have coffee and dessert after work tomorrow.
Now I am working on Wednesday.
Wednesday my plans are to have Becky C.
and Mel T. and her children to come for coffee after school.
Oh and had to add, Patricia and her kiddies to my Wednesday list!
There are so many more that I would like to arrange time for
like my Cam and her sis, Lea but time is running short.
On our day to Baton Rouge with Mumsie on Thursday
my sista's and I were talking. They were saying
the older they get, the less they spend time with others
as they are content with alone time spent at their house.
I am not happy with just this.
I love my alone time and can always be content
hanging out with myself but I also have a need to
be and spend time with good friends, people who are
important to me. Family is so easy to spend time with
but friends, friends take a little more effort so I am
making that effort and hoping that it happens this week.
In that way, I will go into surgery feeling complete.

4 comments:

  1. If you have no plans Friday, I can get people from school to have a FPF (Fried Pickle Friday). Let me know if you are up to it :)!!
    Love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait till this weekend! so whats on the menu besides lima beans with chicken? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go check out the T-Tie TuTu's I put on facebook! They are cute. I am working on burp pads, appliqued onies, photo albums for Lil' Sweet Pea. They will be at Southdown on Nov 6th. I know you will be out of commission with your surgery. Pass it along to your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, that would have been great but finally, after 38 days in Alaska, HOBL comes home on Thursday and we have lots to do around here befor the big surgery day next Wednesday. I am looking forward to after the first few weeks of recovery to have you guys pop in after school some days and have coffee and a visit with me!!!!! I love you all for thinking about me and we will get some time together!!! You are welcomed to come on Wednesday after school and visit with us, I would love to have you also!!!!

    ReplyDelete