Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

May we all leave a legacy of Godliness as Gina B. did


I am not one who panics, really, I don't
so it is known with people who I am close to that if
I panic then you should be worried.
Yet tonight, as I made my way to Gina B.'s
memorial service I was feeling panicky.
It all went away as I noted
the traffic jam on my way to Thibodaux Family Church.
Literally hundreds if not a thousand people were entering
to pay their respects to the wonderful person of Gina B.
I jokingly have said many times to my religion teens
I taught that when I died, I planned on leaving a legacy behind.
I wanted a packed church and people remembering me
for a long time to come.
I said this in a joking manner but have strived to have
my life be thought of as someone who tried to live
in the way of the Lord.
I was overwhelmed with the fact that my Gina B.,
she did just that. This one person, this one amazing
person left a legacy and if one person can touch this many
lives in 54 years of life, then as Rev. Bland said,
just think if we all strived to do just that.
We could wipe out crime, injustice....
Amazing is what this night was, amazing!
I love my Catholic faith, all about it and
yet I must give kuddos to the church of
Thibodaux Family Church.
They celebrated Gina B.'s life.
Each of her children, her siblings, anyone in her
immediate family who wanted to share did.
It was a true celebration of a life well lived.
I felt a love for each of the people there especially
my wonderful friends from TES.
I left there with the feeling that I want to do more
in His name. I left there no longer being sad for the
loss of my dear friend because once again I was
reminded that her job here was done.
Life, even in death is good.
I will miss her, my Gina B. but all the good she did
in this world lives in each of us who gathered in her name.
It has been an honor to be her friend.
I pray I can be half the disciple that she has been, not
to preach and lecture
but to live my life in a way that shines Godliness.
I have lots of work to do and as I said to a few friends today,
If Gina B. did not go straight to Heaven, then we can all
stop trying....

1 comment:

  1. Well said,Lilly :) I think everyone felt that way when they left last night, how could you not?! You & TES friends did an awesome job.How perfect,to hear Gina's own words. Thanks for sharing that with everyone.I am loving this cooler weather.Have a great weekend,sweetie!

    Be Blessed...Becky

    ReplyDelete