Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

God sometimes does for us what we can't do....

Yes, it is one of the things I quote quite often:
"SOMETIMES GOD DOES FOR US WHAT
WE CAN'T DO FOR OURSELVES"
Today marks a full week of being home
from work, 7 days.
After a mental and physical adjustment, a strange
thing is happening on this journey.
My thoughts and priorities are changing once again.
Whereas just weeks ago I was heard saying that
at least if I got one day of work done I had accomplished
something in the world. However, accomplishing that was
hampering me from accomplishing family things that
probably needed to be my priority.
So a funny thing is happening. Now that I am
resigned to taking my pain meds. every 4 to 6 hours
as doctors have been trying to tell me I needed to do,
I find myself with not only with less pain but actually sometimes
not needing the medication around the clock.
Before, some days after a day's work I had no
energy or desire to do anything else, now I find
myself getting back to the basics of what is important.
Such as spending time with my Mumsie,
On Monday not only did we do BINGO but I
felt well enough to get her a haircut and a manicure.
Yesterday I baked my Baby girl her birthday cookies she loves
and made gift bags with cookies for some people I owed thanks to.
I journaled, I scrapped and then my KD came to visit.
She and BG were going to the show and usually on a work
night I would back out of the movies.
Yet yesterday I felt so good and rested that I was able
to go to the movies with me girls and Kd and I
spoke of how long it had been since I actually followed
them on one of these little dates they do at least once a month.
What is the lesson learned here on this journey of my life?
For me right now the Big Man is telling me what others
have been trying to tell me for some time.
There will be a life after nursing and I will be,
not only happy, but fulfilled.
Somehow through the process of thinking that nursing
is my calling and these little children at my school need me,
I realize that my family still need me too.
They need to always be my first priority and somehow
I lost sight of that, not doing the things with them that
I used to love and enjoy.
Funny thing, is that I miss my work friends so much,
I am not longing for the job at this point.
Having the pressure off of having to make the decision
of making a whole day of work or not has freed me
mentally of a lot of stress....
Good observations are happening and I am not exactly sure
why the Big Man is having these things make sense to me right now
but I am listening, and Patricia it is not only when I
brush my teeth anymore......

5 comments:

  1. Lilly,

    I really enjoy reading your blog. Your blog today made me smile for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks anonymous, the blog helps me as much as hopefully help others. I am glad you enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always know what to say, and in the perfect way. God has special plans for us, and wait until that baby Eskimo comes along. That is going to be another new chapter in your life. Another journal, another thing to worry about, but most especially another life to love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Lily..I simply loved reading ur blog..thnks for making my day :)

    ReplyDelete